Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:21 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

This is the other allowance for low incomes, including those on basic state pension. Ex-pats don't get this worth £135 per year

Our Year 3 Scheme opened on May 1st 2013.

What is the Warm Home Discount Scheme?

The Warm Home Discount (WHD) Scheme is a 4 year programme introduced in April 2011 run by the government and energy suppliers to provide rebates on the electricity bills of households that need it most in England, Scotland, and Wales.

The Warm Home Discount Scheme (WHDS) offers eligible customers a one-off payment on their electricity bill. For Winter 2013/14, this will be £135.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
This is the other allowance for low incomes, including those on basic state pension. Ex-pats don't get this worth £135 per year

The Warm Home Discount (WHD) Scheme is a 4 year programme introduced in April 2011 run by the government and energy suppliers to provide rebates on the electricity bills of households that need it most in England, Scotland, and Wales.

The Warm Home Discount Scheme (WHDS) offers eligible customers a one-off payment on their electricity bill. For Winter 2013/14, this will be £135.
but I want it - its my human right, and I have paid in for it so I should get it

or not as the case may be
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackytoo

I think that is the way WFA should be paid as well, the same as the WHDS, then it just comes off your UK bill so goes where it was originally intended plus is far cheaper to administrate. Would cut expats out of the equation even those who are doing bogus things like using their sons addresses in the UK, as presumably the bills would be in the sons name, so cuts out fraud. Perhaps that is what they will end up doing.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:01 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
I think that is the way WFA is paid the same as the WHDS, then it just comes off your UK bill so goes where it was originally intended plus is far cheaper to administrate. Would cut expats out of the equation even those who are doing bogus things like using their sons addresses in the UK, as presumably the bills would be in the sons name, so cuts out fraud. Perhaps that is what they will end up doing.
Good point, pay to the UK power companies direct off the bill, that way it targets the right people.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:55 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

http://free-boilers.org.uk/

Handy scheme for those who fancy a replacement boiler free of charge.

(Sorry chaps unfortunately it doesn't refer to er indoors).