Reload this Page >

Eurovision plea

Eurovision plea

Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Midlands North UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Eurovision plea

Hello all.

It will soon be time for the Eurovision Song Contest again and no doubt this event to promote European harmony will be spoilt by neighbourly/friendly/dispora voting. Over the last few years this has got out of control due to the explosion of Eastern European countries simply trading points between each other.

Therefore western countries like Spain, France, UK, Germany etc…. are always at the bottom.

Could I therefore ask that all ex-pats from the UK show your strength and power and vote for the UK entry this year? The UK will be represented by Andy Abrahams, a good guy with a brilliant voice – who certainly does not deserve the low placing the current system will condemn him to.

Please therefore Vote UK on Eurovision night. Let us hear Spain give the UK some points and know that our voice is being heard.

Thank you for anyone who will vote UK.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:39 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision plea

and what is wrong with this entry?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Nothing - but people in Spain cannot vote for the Spanish entry.....

I would similarly urge UK voters to look to help Spain, France etc....
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:42 pm
lim
Banned

lim is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that one just goes to show how different Spanish humor is compered to the Brits
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DEp-nfwDk

Here is Andy's song on YouTube.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:58 pm
lim
Banned

lim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Midlands North UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DEp-nfwDk

Here is Andy's song on YouTube.
I prefer the Spanish song, sorry but its Eurovision not Hot Chocolate impression night.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:02 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing - but people in Spain cannot vote for the Spanish entry.....

I would similarly urge UK voters to look to help Spain, France etc....
Personally we cannot be so worried about it. Maybe we should vote for the Irish entry too?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Good, I believe that it is not " Eurovision ", it is " Frikivision ". A long time ago that is not " Eurovision ". In television they made a summary of other singers and other songs of other countries, similar to the " Chiki chiki ", and I would say that they were worse that " Chiki chiki ". In fact, I can mention some, like two years ago, a rock group, they masqueraded of beasts and they began to sing. They were of a Scandinavian country, but now I don't remember exactly which was, I believe that possibly Finland. I can assure that the " chiki chiki " (and I don't say this by to be Spanish) it is the most decent thing that I have seen until now

I believe that the intention of Rodolfo " Chikilicuatre " (I believe that it is argentinean) and this song is to make fun in many music ways, as the " reggaeton "

Last edited by Relampago; Apr 6th 2008 at 8:35 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

You miss the point I'm making - that voting issues are ruining Eurovision..... acts like UK or Spain - whichever we prefer - are condemned to the bottom no matter who we enter..... And as I said - if your living in Spain you can't vote for the Spanish entry - even if you like it more.

At least Andy can sing - Hot Chocolate or not.

As for the Spanish entry - it's terrible - it's a 'joke' entry but sadly not even the best joke entry this year. Better and more humourous entries have come from Ireland and Latvia..... even Estonia's beats Spain.
Irelande Douze Points pokes fun at Eurovision alot better than the Spanish entry does.

Still - it matters not what we think - because unless we do something UK and Spain will be at the bottom again..... along with France and Germany. That's all I'm trying to address.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:12 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

When is the eurovision?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

And as I said - if your living in Spain you can't vote for the Spanish entry - even if you like it more.
Yes you can, if you happen to have a UK SIMcard stashed away somewhere.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:19 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
Isn't that bloke in the middle rugbymatt?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:20 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zel
Isn't that bloke in the middle rugbymatt?
Ive seen Matts picture and its a bloody good likeness
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

UK sim card - fair point..... but I'm talking about the points Spain awards....

Using a UK sim card to vote for Spain would count in the UK's votes (rather than Spains) - I'm all for that too!!

Good idea.

So - if your in Spain - please vote UK on your landlines or Spanish Sims and also use your UK sim to vote for Spain!! Even better!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like you really care about this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.