Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Estimated Electricity Bill

Estimated Electricity Bill

Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Annette Louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estimated Electricity Bill

I have a villa in Alicante , at the moment we still live in the U.K. We have only managed to visit this year once for 2 weeks. Weve been getting ridiculously large electricity bills, even though we havnt been there. I was aware of the new rule of the first month being estimated , then a reading for the second month. But im shocked to find out that we will not be reimbursed for the amount we must pay for the first estimated bill even though our meter will show that no electricity has been used. Does anyone have any advice in how we can approach this?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Estimated Electricity Bill

Originally Posted by Annette Louise
I have a villa in Alicante , at the moment we still live in the U.K. We have only managed to visit this year once for 2 weeks. Weve been getting ridiculously large electricity bills, even though we havnt been there. I was aware of the new rule of the first month being estimated , then a reading for the second month. But im shocked to find out that we will not be reimbursed for the amount we must pay for the first estimated bill even though our meter will show that no electricity has been used. Does anyone have any advice in how we can approach this?
Do you have an up to date reading? If so call the number on your elec. bill and tell them to put the matter right. You should get any overpayment back in about 2 weeks. Dont guess the reading because they are still reading the meters but charging clients similar usage to a highest reading from last year or even before. This happened to me, that is the explanation given both in Spanish and English as I didnt believe the first one. I am with Iberdrola. Register to receive your bills online so you can deal with it quickly in the future.