Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

establishing credit in Spain.

establishing credit in Spain.

Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default Re: establishing credit in Spain.

Have looked on internet for car leasing in Europe,doesnt seem to be much all seems to be holiday hire!Did find one co,Deutsche Ing,but no details on their site,just states they do it all over EU
Looked at the Seat website mentioned,but leasing seems to be only for business & people carrying on a profession with it,maybe that would suit as you seem to be in a business that requires stock?
Poss some of the UK co's might have a Spanish branch?
Will carry on looking as could suit me,being a Locksmith transport is ess,if find anyhting will post here
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcortez
Have looked on internet for car leasing in Europe,doesnt seem to be much all seems to be holiday hire!Did find one co,Deutsche Ing,but no details on their site,just states they do it all over EU
Looked at the Seat website mentioned,but leasing seems to be only for business & people carrying on a profession with it,maybe that would suit as you seem to be in a business that requires stock?
Poss some of the UK co's might have a Spanish branch?
Will carry on looking as could suit me,being a Locksmith transport is ess,if find anyhting will post here
I checked the Seat Site aswell and one of the first one's I looked at, does not give rate's but It looks as though they do have them Leasing / Finance options at least, Even the buy a car on 3 years Credit did not look bad at 330€ a month but gives no Deposit, for a 17 grand motor to be paying only 12k back does not look right, lol. I will do more research and post back

Here is one i have found, now I know the words it will lead to me finding others

http://www.athloncarlease.es/

andy

Last edited by andyrich666; Sep 14th 2007 at 1:25 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to the original question about credit checking, I found an interesting thread on another forum.

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...pic.php?t=2581
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
With regard to the original question about credit checking, I found an interesting thread on another forum.

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...pic.php?t=2581
I must say Thanks for posting that, It throws up some intersting points I was not aware of and certainly has changed the way I will approach my new start in Spain. I did not think it would be as rosey as I First thought
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

we have bought 2 cars here (Renault and Citreon) both times they offered us finance - didnt take them up on it so not sure whether it will be worth you while but no harm in asking when the time comes

car dealers over here are a lot different to UK we have found, we went into quite a few garages to enquire about buying a brand new and what the part exchange price would be for our old one, not a single one of them called us back with the details - not sure if the salesmen are comission based, they dont appear to be as the price is the price and there is no negotiation and they couldnt really care less if you buy or not so theres no hard sell
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I must say Thanks for posting that, It throws up some intersting points I was not aware of and certainly has changed the way I will approach my new start in Spain. I did not think it would be as rosey as I First thought
Think I understand where ur coming from,but
wouldnt worry to much about it as the various agencies,ie Equifax,Experien etc in Europe are not linked to to their counterparts in UK (this is due to UK not signing the various agreements on data sharing),any one doing a credit check in Spain will be judged purely on their record in SpainAlso credit checks are not as widespread in Spain as they are in UK,and the credit score req is much lower (750 as oppossed to 1000).
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
One of the reason's I cant wait to get to spain to start again, Cant do much in the UK no more but at least im not paying nothing out so all my money is mine now

One thing I would like to do as soon as I hit the Costa is Lease or Contract hire a car, Im not sure if it's the Done thing over there but I do see a lot of people with Newish car's so there must be some kind of deal's there. In the UK you deal with a broker but over there I think its only the Manufacturer's that offer Finance for lease, I looked on the Seat site and It was very confusing and looked expensive. I shall endevour to find if brokers exist though
For a private individual it is normally PCP´s Personal Contract Purchase rather than Contract Hire which is to a company. With a PCP you have the option at the end of the period of either purchasing the car or giving it back and walking away normally to a new contract. Having worked in the industry in the UK for several years I too had PCPs as it was far better to have a brand new car with the manufacturer´s warranty intact meaning far fewer repair bills and often free servicing for three years than to get HP for an old car which would cost you a lot in repairs etc. Do miss the industry and wish it was here in Spain. I do think you can get one through the manufacturer though rather than a broker.