Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Escaping the summer heat and crowds

Escaping the summer heat and crowds

Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future
Default Escaping the summer heat and crowds

Morning all, I know the weather has been pretty disappointing recently but I'm thinking ahead to July and August and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions of places to go to cool off in the hot summer months. I live in Javea which gets very crowded during those months so I'm thinking of heading inland to find a mountain retreat preferably near a lake or river. Does anyone have any ideas particularly of places in the foothills of the Pyrenees or in Asturias.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice
Default Re: Escaping the summer heat and crowds

Originally Posted by raddickle
I'm thinking ahead to July and August and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions of places to go to cool off in the hot summer months.
Back to the UK?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

No!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

I am pleased as punch, because I'm going back to the UK for the whole of August. My daughter is going on holiday and she needs a dog sitter. It couldn't have worked out better because July & August are horrible here with all the tourists.

The heat I don't mind but not being able to use the communal pool because of all the visitors, and being unable to park in our community car park because of all the hire cars, or even find a parking space in our town to do the shopping is impossible, so I'm chuffed to mint balls to be going back to the UK
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:14 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raddickle
Morning all, I know the weather has been pretty disappointing recently but I'm thinking ahead to July and August and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions of places to go to cool off in the hot summer months. I live in Javea which gets very crowded during those months so I'm thinking of heading inland to find a mountain retreat preferably near a lake or river. Does anyone have any ideas particularly of places in the foothills of the Pyrenees or in Asturias.
Have a look at this ,It's about a 2hr drive from you .
http://www.andalucia.com/province/gr...zujar/home.htm
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:17 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of Andalusiaians and Madridilanios (sp?) escape to the Northern coast for their summer vacations.