Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Eroski store closure

Eroski store closure

Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eroski store closure

Originally Posted by jenna m
Has the Eroski store at Alqueria closed and any news of another store opening in its place? Thanks for any info.
Yes, definitely closed. Staff (one of my
neighbours ) has been transferred to either Eroski at La Marina Ondara or Eroski Denia. I really miss the cafe which was in the same building closing as that was my regular call for a solo and veterano.

Shame really but from the time it changed from Caprabo to Eroski it never seemed to pull in the same amount of customers as Mercadona for example, also on either side was an Aldi and a Lidl

There was a rumour that Iceland was interested but I can't see that. A. The store is too big for that and B. There are not enough Ex Pats in this area to make it worthwhile. Also there is a new QuickSave opened in Oliva which with increased stocks is pulling in a few more customers.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jjh
The same here. I thought Decathalon was going to be where the new car park is now. OH went into Eroski today and they are now open from 9am until 10pm. I don´t know if that´s because of the crisis or because they are running the stock down.

If Caroline said she read it in the local press then I guess it´s true.

JJ xx

My daughter also knows one of the staff there and she said it was closing down and Decathlon were opening up in the same building. The furniture store next door is going to be a petrol station.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caroline c
My daughter also knows one of the staff there and she said it was closing down and Decathlon were opening up in the same building. The furniture store next door is going to be a petrol station.
When was that Caroline? Think you ought to put it on mycadiz.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

I will miss calling into the Eroski cafe, they were always nice and patient with my Spanish and I never felt out of place having a coffee on my own. Any tips anyone for good alternative cafes around that area - Gandia over to Oliva ?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenna m
It's just the Alqueria one I want to know about - Mitzy? Did not know they were closing down other branches also?
No afaik thats the only one closing. Story I heard was that it's re opening as Iceland.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

Just have to wait and see then, thanks.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 5:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Story I heard was that it's re opening as Iceland.

I doubt it. There was a rumour that they were opening in Nerja on the CDS. I contacted them and they said they had no plans to opens any more stores this year.

Of course they could be lying!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 5:36 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I doubt it. There was a rumour that they were opening in Nerja on the CDS. I contacted them and they said they had no plans to opens any more stores this year.

Of course they could be lying!
ah, but they have put it in writing........

http://overseas.es/whatsNew/latestCompanyInfo/1/item14
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:13 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74

Also there is a new QuickSave opened in Oliva which with increased stocks is pulling in a few more customers.
FYI - The quicksave store is not new, it's been in Oliva for years (just moved from around the corner).

Glad to see it's doing well.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:34 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caroline c
I saw the sign at the furniture store some time ago and work has started on it already.

Does your daughter know when Eroski is closing?

JJxx

Last edited by jjh; Aug 12th 2012 at 6:51 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
When was that Caroline? Think you ought to put it on mycadiz.

Heard about it a while ago, I thought everybody knew.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

The Eroski store in Osuna is hopeless with only half of the stock being priced up, and the staff seem to have a could'nt care less atitude. The fresh fish all look anything but fresh and are expensive compared to Macadona.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
FYI - The quicksave store is not new, it's been in Oliva for years (just moved from around the corner).

Glad to see it's doing well.
Quite agree,but when I said new I meant new owners, Victoria have sold out to the new owners.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I was in the one at Cullera a couple of times.
Huge store, hardly any customers and no wonder looking at the crazy prices.
I never bought a single item and got the impression that they don't even try to compete with the other big chains.

Edit, for cullera read sueca just up the road,...... Its been a while.
It is not only Eroski stores, have strolled through various other very large supermarkets, they are all but empty, the ones with the high prices but no higher quality.

Makes you wonder what happens to all the food past its sell by date. I hope it is not wasted when there is nobody buying it.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
The Eroski store in Osuna is hopeless with only half of the stock being priced up, and the staff seem to have a could'nt care less atitude. The fresh fish all look anything but fresh and are expensive compared to Macadona.
Macadona and lidl are by far the best imo, always busy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.