Reload this Page >

Employment Agency

Employment Agency

Old Oct 31st 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment Agency

Has anyone had any dealings with Serviceall in Gibraltar

I have had an email from them today regarding employment and it mentions at the bottom there is a £30 charge once they find you a job, is this normal practice? I know it is frowned upon over here in the UK to charge jobseekers for finding them employment, just wondered if it was more the norm in Gibraltar/Spain

thanks

Rick
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Employment Agency

Originally Posted by rickstevens
Has anyone had any dealings with Serviceall in Gibraltar

I have had an email from them today regarding employment and it mentions at the bottom there is a £30 charge once they find you a job, is this normal practice? I know it is frowned upon over here in the UK to charge jobseekers for finding them employment, just wondered if it was more the norm in Gibraltar/Spain

thanks

Rick
I have been looking at their home page and then went to their Job application page and at the very top before you fill in the application form they state that there is a service charge of £40. So there is no hiding of the fact that they charge for their services of finding you the right employer. Take a look at this page.

Serviceall Gibraltar
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

It is illegal (AFAIK) in the UK to charge fees to job seekers.

Gibraltar might have separate legislation that deals with this however usually employers not employees pay.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by svenskidoo
It is illegal (AFAIK) in the UK to charge fees to job seekers.

Gibraltar might have separate legislation that deals with this however usually employers not employees pay.
You probably find they cold call employers hence why they charge rather than the employers paying. You may be better off doing the cold calling yourself to the companies on the island, and you may have better results. There is another employement agency in Malaga which I think is British, but can't remember its name but I don't think they charge. Someone else may come up with the name.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Just to let you know if you needed any other agencies, I have just seen another job agency called Wemploy advertising their website is www.wemploy.com tel 0034 902 021 200. They I think are on the costa del sol.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
Just to let you know if you needed any other agencies, I have just seen another job agency called Wemploy advertising their website is www.wemploy.com tel 0034 902 021 200. They I think are on the costa del sol.
Bingo, that's the one I was thinking of
Old Nov 4th 2005, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I'm managing to build quite a collection of agencies now.

One think I have noticed though, is that most of them seem to be advertising the same jobs as each other, even down to the same spelling mistakes in the adverts