EMPLOYING A CLEANER

EMPLOYING A CLEANER

Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EMPLOYING A CLEANER

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Absolutely wrong!

Anyone employing someone else to work on their property is required to have third-party liability insurance.

This was in the (Spanish) news some time back!

What does it matter if they live in the building? Aren't we talking about some one being employed (paid) to clean?
Anyone doing the cleaning will be employed, cleaning company or not. It only matters in that we need a good job done and not be messed about, knowing the day etc.

I just wanted to know if it is legal or not for an Agent to propose such a thing and what are the consequences it is all very well saying pay "black" money but that is the whole reason Spain is in such a mess and in the end of it is a neighbour doing the cleaning if they dont do a good job and you have to say something it can be difficult
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:52 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
I have thought about that but their are the stairs, the lifts and also an area where their are lock-ups as well as outside. That could be mooted at the next meeting but the other thing is that half the people dont live here full time. I think it would start to look a mess, not that there is much difference at the moment, but good Idea.
We have cleaners at our UK address. They are so poor that we end up doing it ourselves when we are there. Which is bit like keeping a dog and barking.

I do know it can be difficult. Absentee owners, landlords and tenants seem to take little interest in maintenance issues. I hope you find a satisfactory resolution to your problem.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
We have cleaners at our UK address. They are so poor that we end up doing it ourselves when we are there. Which is bit like keeping a dog and barking.

I do know it can be difficult. Absentee owners, landlords and tenants seem to take little interest in maintenance issues. I hope you find a satisfactory resolution to your problem.
You are right about that there is no interest in attending the meetings at all and it is left to the few who go to make decisions and then when you make it you get it in the neck. However for practical purposes and so that I can make a decision I want to know the law. The company that is going to be doing the cleaning is highly recommended, which is more than I can say about the lady the Agent had doing it so as it is not legal the answer is simple. The company wins. The thing is for me is that if you want work than do a job properly dont think that the job is yours just because you have been doing it. No one owes you a living. Make an effort and take nothing for granted. Thats my mottoo anyway. (and I am sticking to it)
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:21 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds good to me. I never like employing a friend of a friend. It invariably causes tension and you end up losing the friend as well as the employee.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

That sounds good to me. I never like employing a friend of a friend. It invariably causes tension and you end up losing the friend as well as the employee.
No you are right it has led to a lot of nastiness. It should never have happened in the first place she should never have been given the work to do in the first place so that we are compromised by the situation.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes I am sure that will be top of their priorities

I have a cleaner and no 3rd party insurance. And I am not going to get any
You're right, I was just giving the legal stand point.

I quite agree that many (if not all) people who employee cleaners, gardeners etc. don't bother with the legalities and just pay cash-in-hand.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

missbusybusy is an unknown quantity at this point

out of interest what do you have to pay for a cleaner that is autonomo against employing a company ?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 2:27 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Even to make the calculation is pretty silly, so I won't add to it, but for a part time cleaner working for a couple of hours a day to pay autonomo is ridiculous, they would have to charge something like 30 Euros an hour to get out of bed in the morning.

Part-time cleaners are paid cash in hand. The world over.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:22 am
Banned

mathos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't matter whether employing the cleaner was suggested by an agent or not. In the end its the Junta de Propietario's decision whether to hire a cleaning agency or give the work to someone from the Community.

However, should one of the residents take it on themselves to do the cleaning, it is quite common for Work Inspections to come to check the different blocks (usually because one fo the neighbours has informed them of the situation). If this neighbour is not on Social Security, the Community could be fined.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:25 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathos88
It doesn't matter whether employing the cleaner was suggested by an agent or not. In the end its the Junta de Propietario's decision whether to hire a cleaning agency or give the work to someone from the Community.

However, should one of the residents take it on themselves to do the cleaning, it is quite common for Work Inspections to come to check the different blocks (usually because one fo the neighbours has informed them of the situation). If this neighbour is not on Social Security, the Community could be fined.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

That of course is one of the problems and that is they simply dont care if they only come out a few times a year. Mind you when it comes to selling that is a different matter altogether. And thank you - hopefully - but I am not expecting a great deal.