Reload this Page >

Elocution in Spain?

Elocution in Spain?

Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

minialice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elocution in Spain?

Hi,
This is my first post so here goes. I'm an elocution teacher in the south of England and I teach children to speak clearly and confidently, adults to speak with confidence, grandparents to read aloud with expression and also run half day sessions for groups of up to 10 people to teach them the basics of speaking english clearly.
I would love to move to Spain, ideally costa del sol or around Benidorm or Alicante - my youngest daughter aged 20 is a tennis coach and wants to be able ot play tennis all year round. She could quite easily get work at a tennis academy so we'd have to be near one of them.
Does any one think I could make some money by teaching either spanish people to speak english clearly or by tapping into the expat market and teaching children to speak english clearly - especially those who are in Spanish schools, perhaps starting up groups for retired people so they can learn the art of reading aloud etc. Not sure if business people need to be able to speak englsih clearly or not. I would be able to enter pupils for LAMDA speech and Drama exams as they do examine in Spain.
Any ideas are welcome.
I'm in the process of learning Spanish and won't consider moving until I can speak and understand at lesat the basics.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elocution in Spain?

I read this as electrocution!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Elocution in Spain?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I read this as electrocution!!
No the Inquisition has ended now!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you do, don't mention the Inquisition..................nobody ever expects the Inquisition!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Now if it was electrification, you could do well in some parts of Southern Spain.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Elocution in Spain?

Originally Posted by jdr
Now if it was electrification, you could do well in some parts of Southern Spain.
Like Costa Esuri!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

[QUOTE=minialice;5988857]Hi,

I think you'd be fine. I know lots of people who are teaching English and probably don't know half as much as you seem to. What's more quite a lot of Spanish people know how to read and write English, but when it comes to speaking they find it really difficult so your skills could come in handy.

There's lots of English centres. maybe they could give you some work.

Hope it goes well and good luck with the Spanish.