Reload this Page >

Electronics Repair Madrid

Electronics Repair Madrid

Old Aug 7th 2016, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Kwtsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronics Repair Madrid

Hi knowledgable folk

I'm looking for recommendation for an electronics repair centre in Madrid to attempt to replace a burnt out resister / capacitors in a pair of monitor speakers. I'm in La Latina, anywhere close?

Bonus points if they speak English

Anyone got any pointers?
Thanks J

Last edited by Kwtsh; Aug 7th 2016 at 12:00 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electronics Repair Madrid

Good luck with your search, but I presume you have some knowledge to have diagnosed the problem in the first place.
Do MA have a user community website where you can perhaps seek advice re' replacement and with what components? Someone may even guide you through the process.
Sorry can't be much more help.
BTW I guessed you were referring to Monitor Audio, but I've re-read your post and you may be referring to monitor speakers as a generic term rather than a brand.

Last edited by Countryboy1; Aug 7th 2016 at 3:24 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply...

They're a pair of KRK monitors. I don't have much in the way of electronic skills but found the guide below that helped. I can see the burnt out resistor in the same location;

Shade Tree Repair Guide: Crackling/Static in KRK Rokit 6 Speakers | Cakewalk Forums

J
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, This may not be much help but these KRK monitors are not well made and if you read your link he/she found more problems than a couple of electrolytics and a resistor. I do electronic repairs but not in Madrid, I'd charge 10 euro plus parts for basic simple component swap, electrolytics fail so changing them is fairly common particularly of speaker systems. If you could PM me a picture of the electrostatics printed details I can tell you if they are available and approx cost, the resistor would be about 30c, then you may be able to find a bloke with a soldering iron to swap them for you.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks, that's good to know the ballpark price I might be looking at. I can source the components OK, but don't possess a soldering iron nor the skills to use one competently, so finding someone locally is what's needed! I'll keep looking
Old Aug 10th 2016, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kwtsh
Thanks, that's good to know the ballpark price I might be looking at. I can source the components OK, but don't possess a soldering iron nor the skills to use one competently, so finding someone locally is what's needed! I'll keep looking
You'd probably be better off giving the DIY a go - it's quite straightforward especially as you have detailed instructions.
Buy yourself a soldering iron and some electrical solder (you wont need much). A cheap one from the Chinese bazaar will do the job although it won't last long afterwards. If the soldering bit doesn't have a reasonably fine point then file it down a little and 'tin' it (ie coat it with solder and wipe off) Carefully apply the hot iron point to the joint and ease out the old component (a pair of snipe nose pliers would be helpful). Just make sure you don't overheat the circuit board by lingering too long. A good strong puff or a light tap whilst the solder is still liquid should clear the hole.
Insert the new components into the circuit board making sure that the capacitors are the correct polarity. Apply heat and a smidge of solder to each joint. Snip off the ends and then test. Should be about a 10 minute job and the cost of the tools will probably be less than paying someone else to do it.
Old Aug 10th 2016, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the guidance Mike. I managed to destroy a MIDI keyboard using my not so flash soldiering skills once, hence my caution

I've tried speaking to a few 'electronic repair' shops in Madrid, but no luck so DIY may be the way to go... if it doesn't work or more likely I stuff it up I can buy the entire amp board assembly for around 150 EUR..

Thanks for all the help