Electrifying..

Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electrifying..

[F]What a way to start the day !!
The owner of the electricity supply down my track has just announced he wants E5,000 to connect me (approx 4 mtrs) Whaaaaaaaaaaaat is that all about, he knows he has me by the shorts, cos you know I have to have the daily treatment with the cattle prods !!The question is can I survive without it,I can always use a genny for the prods, but it does get cold and dark in the mountains, I wanted the simple life but not sure if I wanted it that simple...does this sound right to you guys...have no choice I suppose...there goes our kitchen...excuse my ranting...must go and meditate urgently....ommmm....ommmm...
[/FONT]
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:25 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Re: Electrifying..

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
The owner of the electricity supply down my track has just announced he wants E5,000 to connect me (approx 4 mtrs) Whaaaaaaaaaaaat is that all about, he knows he has me by the shorts, cos you know I have to have the daily treatment with the cattle prods !!The question is can I survive without it,I can always use a genny for the prods, but it does get cold and dark in the mountains, I wanted the simple life but not sure if I wanted it that simple...does this sound right to you guys...have no choice I suppose...there goes our kitchen...excuse my ranting...must go and meditate urgently....ommmm....ommmm...
[/FONT]
Well I dont know but it sounds a right rip off. Still once its done its done. If I had the money to pay that connection then I would be done with it. No way can you not have electricity on tap so to speak and in the great scheme of things the peace of mind would be worth it woudnt it? Perhaps haggle with him over the price or get some of payment agreement/plan from him. Anything you can do for him to offset some of the cost? Any other way to get connected?

Good luck anyway
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:39 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

[/FONT]
Mmmmmm I wouldent get to freaked out ,Its all about mixing the old with the new,of course you can survive without a bit of electric or water :eek
Good luck budda69
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[/FONT]
It depends on who it is, as its illegal to share meters, read the Chiclana electric threads and beware.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:54 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

How does he own it ??? Surely it comes from Endesa or Sevillana or whatever they are called where you are?? And if they do and you pay him then what's to stop the elex company demanding more money off you ?? OR even cutting you off ?? He may just be giving you an illegal tap, which, as anyone who lives in Chiclana will tell you, is merely asking for trouble.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:20 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
How does he own it ??? Surely it comes from Endesa or Sevillana or whatever they are called where you are?? And if they do and you pay him then what's to stop the elex company demanding more money off you ?? OR even cutting you off ?? He may just be giving you an illegal tap, which, as anyone who lives in Chiclana will tell you, is merely asking for trouble.
Hi,have you tried www.alcalaonline look in service directory or try www.endesaoline.com for more info.there is a phone no. to speak to a english
assistant.Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:34 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi,have you tried www.alcalaonline look in service directory or try www.endesaoline.com for more info.there is a phone no. to speak to a english
assistant.Good luck
or try www.andalucia choose the third option down Information about Andalucia then choose living in andalucia then services,it tells you all you need to know on connecting electric to a new build.Is this any help ?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that everyone automatically assumes that living off-grid is impossible to do in the modern age?
For the five grand that you would have to cough up, then the monthly leccy bill, just for "peace of mind" of having mains electric, you could invest in a pretty good solar system with backup generator that would be more reliable than any mains electric system.
We (me, wife, 2 small kids) have been living very comfortably like this for the last two years now. With so many days of sunshine in Spain it should be a crime not to make use of this free, clean power source.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:24 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm!

What are the set-up costs for that Bill?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:42 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by billgates
Why is it that everyone automatically assumes that living off-grid is impossible to do in the modern age?
For the five grand that you would have to cough up, then the monthly leccy bill, just for "peace of mind" of having mains electric, you could invest in a pretty good solar system with backup generator that would be more reliable than any mains electric system.
We (me, wife, 2 small kids) have been living very comfortably like this for the last two years now. With so many days of sunshine in Spain it should be a crime not to make use of this free, clean power source.
Id be interested in the costs for that as well,and a contact
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Me too - come on Bill spill
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:21 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Yes I agree Bill. many liveaboards on boats do exactly the same, with restrictions of space and the corrosive marine environment. I have friends on an urbanisation near Chiclana who heat all their water by solar panels, in the summer it frequently boils in the tanks.
I would have thought that a small outhouse with a huge battery bank charged by the panels, plus a wind generator and a diesel genny for emergencies would be more than adequate, and satisfyingly self sufficient.
I believe it is possible to get grants for the solar panels. Even here in London there is a growing demand for solar panels.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

I also agree bill, my parents have a place with no mains elect or water and manage fine with their solar panels and generator to top up the battery and a couple of large water tanks.

It may cost a bit to set up but if you are already talking about 5,000 euros for a connection that sounds like it may not be legal then why not spend that on a generator and solar?

Like others have said if the electric turns out to be an illegal connection you might aswell just put your 5,000 euros and a fire and burn it as it will be disconnected soon enough.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
I also agree bill, my parents have a place with no mains elect or water and manage fine with their solar panels and generator to top up the battery and a couple of large water tanks.

It may cost a bit to set up but if you are already talking about 5,000 euros for a connection that sounds like it may not be legal then why not spend that on a generator and solar?

Like others have said if the electric turns out to be an illegal connection you might aswell just put your 5,000 euros and a fire and burn it as it will be disconnected soon enough.
This has allready been discussed on an old post,I remember that it was someone from Valencia that came down to Chicalana to install the persons solar panel system,but the person to talk to is Martin in the Lemon tree who lived with the system for quite a while before he moved to Santi Petri,and was there when it was installed,but for people in Chicalana would it not be to your advantage to use the Levante,to generate your power supply.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:19 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
This has allready been discussed on an old post,I remember that it was someone from Valencia that came down to Chicalana to install the persons solar panel system,but the person to talk to is Martin in the Lemon tree who lived with the system for quite a while before he moved to Santi Petri,and was there when it was installed,but for people in Chicalana would it not be to your advantage to use the Levante,to generate your power supply.
Sorry,this reply only applies to people in Chicalana,or the Costa de la luz area not everybody knows the Lemon tree,or do they.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.