Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electricity Tariffs

Electricity Tariffs

Old May 12th 2006, 8:19 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all
Default Electricity Tariffs

I recently tried to register for online billing with Sevillana Endesa and was told that my account was a business one which was news to me, its just a private house.
Like others on this forum we have found the bills to be higher than expected, also have been surcharged for excessive consumption, we try to use as little as possible so it is all a bit strange.
We are going to see Endesa to try to find out what is going on but wondered if someone could look at their bill and check what tariff they are on, ours is 20. It is shown on the top right of the fractura, also our potencia contrada is 3.3kW
Given all the electricity issues in Chiclana we also feel slightly nervous about tackling Endesa in case they say we should not have a meter after all :scared:

Yvonne
Old May 12th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Electricity Tariffs

Originally Posted by YMF
I recently tried to register for online billing with Sevillana Endesa and was told that my account was a business one which was news to me, its just a private house.
Like others on this forum we have found the bills to be higher than expected, also have been surcharged for excessive consumption, we try to use as little as possible so it is all a bit strange.
We are going to see Endesa to try to find out what is going on but wondered if someone could look at their bill and check what tariff they are on, ours is 20. It is shown on the top right of the fractura, also our potencia contrada is 3.3kW
Given all the electricity issues in Chiclana we also feel slightly nervous about tackling Endesa in case they say we should not have a meter after all :scared:

Yvonne

I would think that if you are using more electric than normal then somebody else is drawing off your supply. Turn everything off and go and check your meter. If the wheel is still turning then this confirms it!

Take the number of the meter down to Endesa and get them to check in what name it is registered.

Yvonne my tariff is also 2.0 and 3.3 kw potence. If you have the factura who is the bill addressed to?
Old May 12th 2006, 9:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I would think that if you are using more electric than normal then somebody else is drawing off your supply. Turn everything off and go and check your meter. If the wheel is still turning then this confirms it!

Take the number of the meter down to Endesa and get them to check in what name it is registered.

Yvonne my tariff is also 2.0 and 3.3 kw potence. If you have the factura who is the bill addressed to?
Mistakes like this are common. We discovered recently that my next door neighbour pays my water bill and I pay his. I've got a pool, he hasn't I thought 11 euros a quarter was good!!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 12th 2006 at 10:04 am.
Old May 12th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF

Yvonne
do you have a ceramic hob??

and do that thing - turn everything off - flip your main breaker - and see if the meter is still spinning ?
Old May 12th 2006, 2:44 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies, the bill is addressed to us but the Titular is someone we do not know. I think when the property was handed over they managed the part of the switch but not all.
We have already checked the turning off everything process and all was fine, we even checked for cables behind the meter, two properties behind us do not appear to have meters but do have power!

We do not have a ceramic hob but do have a swimming pool, as we are not urbanised all out water is pumped from the well and I believe that uses up quite a lot of power.
We will go and check things out at Endesa.
Yvonne
Old May 12th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Your electricity was probably contracted for the well which would explain why you have a business account with Sevillana instead of a private one although this should not affect the amount of your bills.

I have the same. My Tarifa is 2.0 and Facturación de la potencia: Modo 1. My potencia contratada is 5,26kW.

My two monthly bill in the summer averages around €270. The swimming pool pump will account for a considerable part of your consumption. You can calculate this in the following way:

power of the motor in kilowatts X €0,086726 X number of hours in circulation

For example, my pump is 1,5 kW and in the summer I run it for at least ten hours per day which is 600 hours over the course of two months, therefore:

1,5 X 0,086726 X 600 = €78,05

I only use the well for irrigation but this has a 2kW pump running for at least 2 hours per day so:

2 X 0,086726 X 120 = €20,81

So you can see that the two pumps account for over half of the kilowatts that I consume with the rest of the two monthly bill being made up of standing charge, surcharge for excessive use, tax and IVA.
Old May 12th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
Thanks for the replies, the bill is addressed to us but the Titular is someone we do not know. I think when the property was handed over they managed the part of the switch but not all.
Yvonne
Good luck, you will need it
This is the same case with us. We have been trying to sort this out for over a year.
We successfully changed our title with Endesa when buying our house. The first bill we received was paid automatically from our bank account as planned. But since then every other bill has reverted back to having the previous (late) owner listed as the title holder, together with his now ex bank account number.
Obviously this means that the bills do not get paid and everytime we go out to the house we find letters from Endesa threatening to cut us off for none payment
I have lost count of the number of times we have visited their office and given them the correct details, and been told that they have now been changed and entered onto the computer.
After each of these office visits the money comes out of our account and the bill is settled, and each time we leave Spain thinking that's it sorted
BUT No, it never is I know for a fact that there has been a bill since our last visit, and yet again no payment has been taken from our account. On checking Endesa on line They have yet again got the late previous owners details listed.
They seem to be able to change the details long enough to snatch the payment after been told of the mistake. But for some unknown reason can't make the connection (no pun intended) that this needs to be changed on a permanent basis in order to receive payment of future bills.
We are off to the house on Sunday, so I expect to be spending monday morning once again in the Endesa office, with another notice of disconnection

regards
BW.

Last edited by big wheels; May 12th 2006 at 7:45 pm.