Reload this Page >

pruna near ronda

pruna near ronda

Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

fedupbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking pruna near ronda

hi everyone
can anyone give me any info on the area Pruna near Ronda.
ie is it full of brits is it far from anywhere what are the schools like
any info appreciated
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:37 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pruna near ronda

Judging by the number of surveys I've carried out in Pruna there are a fair old number of Brits there for such a small place! Personally I can't see the attraction of the village, apart from quite cheap property. It's a bit scruffy and off the beaten track. Nearby Olvera is far nicer IMHO.
Old May 10th 2006, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

mitch mitchell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fedupbrit
hi everyone
any info appreciated
Hey! we have just brought a house in Pruna, life is what you make it! Our house at the mo is only a holiday home, but, if you are moving out there or doing the same as us, well, you have already got friends there. Some 3 and half thous people live in the village, the school looks good. We know english children go to the school. cheer up!
Old May 10th 2006, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fedupbrit
hi everyone
any info appreciated

Don't know about Pruna but Ronda is beautiful and we saw some nice villages when we drove from there to Gaucin. Prices don't seem bad either but what put us off is the drive from the coast to Ronda very hairaising stuff it is a very high mountainous region not for those with even mild vertigo. Didn't fancy that every time I wanted to go back to the coast i.e airport.
We are looking to move around Granada where there is a motorway from Malaga and even a new airport at Granada. Price are still reasonable at the moment.

Helen
Old May 10th 2006, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helen,

As a former resident of Gorsey Brow I didn't think Billinge Lump'ers would be put of by a few hairpin bends.

It's a beautiful region but then so is Granada so I suppose you takes your choice, but both get cold in winter so it will feel like home.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by helenp
Don't know about Pruna but Ronda is beautiful and we saw some nice villages when we drove from there to Gaucin. Prices don't seem bad either but what put us off is the drive from the coast to Ronda very hairaising stuff it is a very high mountainous region not for those with even mild vertigo. Didn't fancy that every time I wanted to go back to the coast i.e airport.
We are looking to move around Granada where there is a motorway from Malaga and even a new airport at Granada. Price are still reasonable at the moment.

Helen
Old May 10th 2006, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

DBASS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there we have recently bought in Ronda and believe me you get used to the road from the coast and stop thinking your going to fall off the edge. The route from the airport is ok as you come in the other way and its quite a nice drive. We fell in love with Ronda the first time we visited and we returned 4 times before we found the right house, we used great agents to find our home (holiday finca) which is beautiful.
Old May 10th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Helen,

As a former resident of Gorsey Brow I didn't think Billinge Lump'ers would be put of by a few hairpin bends.

It's a beautiful region but then so is Granada so I suppose you takes your choice, but both get cold in winter so it will feel like home.

Regards,

John.
Nice to hear from fellow Lancashire folk, its actually very sunny in Billinge today very rare! We have spoke to people who live in this region and they do say you get used to the roads. Hubbie did the driving last time so I will look forward (not!) to my experience next time we go. When we live there might manage to get to the local shop in one piece!

Helen
Old May 11th 2006, 9:27 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

How anyone could commute using that disgraceful Ronda road is beyond me, it's truly awful.
However, each to their own.
I guess if your content with staying up there and only venturing down once in a blue moon it's not so bad.

I live just off the Ronda road, thankfully at the bottom near San Pedro
Old May 11th 2006, 3:11 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Love it!!!!!!! One man's meat is truly another man's poison. Friends of mine love Vejer but I would never want to live there...I nearly bought a house in Puerto Serano near Algondodonales, thought it was a lovely village, had problems with the purchase, went to look at another house in the area, and couldn't imagine what I had seen in the place the first time round. Suggest anyone honing in on a particular area return several times at different times of year before making a decision. I certainly wasn't impressed by Chiclana the first time I saw it, several thousand miles later I succumbed to it's charms. As to roads...anyone driven the road from Algondodonales to Moron de la Frontera via Coripe ??....when I am too fat and wrinkled for poollounging I shall buy one of those delightful houses on a hill top and become a hermit...
Old May 11th 2006, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

I think that the whole area around Ronda is stunning, we went to Marbella last weekend - the scenic route!!Round Grazalema (beautiful) and down past Ronda (also beautiful) - but as a person who does suffer with Vertigo I must say it is a little heart stopping. My husband thought this was all rather hilarious - but he would he does stupid things in aeroplanes every day!
Old May 12th 2006, 6:47 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amara
I think that the whole area around Ronda is stunning, we went to Marbella last weekend - the scenic route!!Round Grazalema (beautiful) and down past Ronda (also beautiful) - but as a person who does suffer with Vertigo I must say it is a little heart stopping. My husband thought this was all rather hilarious - but he would he does stupid things in aeroplanes every day!
Come on Amara..tell us exactly what stupid things he does in aeroplanes....you cannot make a comment like that then just leave it hanging in mid-air!!
Old May 12th 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

Ha Ha!! "Hanging in mid air" ....yep that's pretty much it PL!

He trains commercial pilots on a sensible day, and on not so sensible ones has been known to participate in a bit of aerobatic flying, just for fun. Great for him apparently but the life insurance costs a fortune!! Have a great day, the sun is shining here and everyone is smiling - Amara xx
Old May 12th 2006, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Amara
Ha Ha!! "Hanging in mid air" ....yep that's pretty much it PL!

He trains commercial pilots on a sensible day, and on not so sensible ones has been known to participate in a bit of aerobatic flying, just for fun. Great for him apparently but the life insurance costs a fortune!! Have a great day, the sun is shining here and everyone is smiling - Amara xx
Amara I was born and raised in India, my father was a pilot and my mother an air hostess in the early days of commercial aviation ..the forties it must have been...she would tell us stories of some of the pilots, with passengers aboard flying really low over scrubland for fun. This was in Dakotas I believe....you can imagine the repercussions if anyone did this nowadays!!
Old May 12th 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ah the good old days of the handlebar moustache and the G and T's served for the landing!! I am sure that most pilots would just love to do that, things are very much more restrained these days I think. Were you never tempted into avaiation PL ?? Amara x
Old May 12th 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poollounger
Amara I was born and raised in India, my father was a pilot and my mother an air hostess in the early days of commercial aviation ..the forties it must have been...she would tell us stories of some of the pilots, with passengers aboard flying really low over scrubland for fun. This was in Dakotas I believe....you can imagine the repercussions if anyone did this nowadays!!
The days of Empire. POSH. Pukkah sahib. Memsahib. Evenings at the club playing bridge. Waiting for the mail to arrive. .......Just like Chiclana I guess. Except you can't get the servants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.