Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electricity Bills Being Adjusted

Electricity Bills Being Adjusted

Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electricity Bills Being Adjusted

Just received our first bill in three months for the past two months it has been estimated which I thought was not allowed now but the main thing is that it included a letter stating that prices had been wrongly charged for the period October 2011 to April 2012 and that they were going to "adjust" this each month to the end of December. This has resulted in us paying an extra 10 euros this month.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electricity Bills Being Adjusted

Mine seems to be all in one hit, my bill, on line, has sections for 2011 and 2012 in addition to the meter reading and is about 70€ more than I expected.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:34 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Just received our first bill in three months for the past two months it has been estimated which I thought was not allowed now but the main thing is that it included a letter stating that prices had been wrongly charged for the period October 2011 to April 2012 and that they were going to "adjust" this each month to the end of December. This has resulted in us paying an extra 10 euros this month.
Firstly, yes they can still estimate and also charge 'sin consumo' - but only for a limited period.

Secondly, this has been in the press a lot a few months ago about them charging the incorrect rate and having to adjust the bills. As I say, it was on the news and in the papers (but only if you speak Spanish of course).

I'm surprised it's not been noticed in any of the expat papers.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Firstly, yes they can still estimate and also charge 'sin consumo' - but only for a limited period.

Secondly, this has been in the press a lot a few months ago about them charging the incorrect rate and having to adjust the bills. As I say, it was on the news and in the papers (but only if you speak Spanish of course).

I'm surprised it's not been noticed in any of the expat papers.
I read the Spanish papers but haven´t seen it. Can you tell me why they have been allowed to do this?
Old Sep 4th 2012, 12:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I read the Spanish papers but haven´t seen it. Can you tell me why they have been allowed to do this?
Read all about it here

https://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corp...me___Iberdrola