Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electric Upgrade

Electric Upgrade

Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Electric Upgrade

Originally Posted by chrisw
I was surprised to hear elec supply could be as high as 3500 euros. We are still in UK, but it has made me aware that when negotiating for a property in Spain, that we should get an assurance from vendor that electric supply is up to date and LEGAL, or use it as a negotiating tool before considering making an offer. Scary money that! Thanks for the info all.

Please do not consider buying a property without a registered electric meter. Take the number of the meter and go to endesa and they will check the meter is registered at that address. Under no circumstances use as a negotiating tool the fact that is has not got one. I have said this on this forum time and time again but repeat "believe no one and do your own checking as much as possible" You will find unfortunately particularly with your fellow countryman that conscience and greed are not compatable and are easily blurred as far as house buying in Spain is concerned.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jonsol
Thanks for that post, its made me have the agent check on my meter to see if it needs updating before I move in

Please try and do the checks yourself and dont rely on a third party to do it for you.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Please try and do the checks yourself and dont rely on a third party to do it for you.
O.K., Thanks, will get my Abogado to check it when he views the house, soon .
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonsol
O.K., Thanks, will get my Abogado to check it when he views the house, soon .
Glad to help. Understand very difficult for you to check yourself if still in UK. The lawyer you are using has he been recommended by the estate agent?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:48 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Electric Upgrade

Hi all,
Thanks for the advise mitzipurr. Trusting OUT Negotiations OUT Check meter number registered for property IN.
Got it!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,
Thanks for the advise mitzipurr. Trusting OUT Negotiations OUT Check meter number registered for property IN.
Got it!
Spot on and dont forget "BELIEVE NO ONE"
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:21 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,
Got it!
Also make sure..tricky this one.. that no one else is connected to it illegally. See my posts for how we were disconnected becase of someone else's illegal tap. Also recently heard about someone being disconnected who had a legal meter. The chap who had sold several houses in the vicinity had added their supplies to the transformer, so they cut everyone off, including the legal supply. Try Ben at CDL caretaking....he may be able to check it out for you for a reasonable fee. He sorted us out, and even our Spanish friends said we were very lucky to have him at hand.
And remember, whatever they say, that sharing a meter is an absolute no no. It was condoned in the past when building was on a lesser scale, but was then and is now totally illegal.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Thank you,Douglas.
Hi,
I said I would update you if I heard any more news. Apparently the transformer has been fitted in your road (Macrocarpa). I received an e-mail on mycadiz site from a resident of your road who is having her meter fitted. She has however had to pay for new cabling to connect her property to the transformer.
Hope this is the sort of good news you have been waiting for?
We are still waiting for confirmation of our transformer installation but at least things seem to be moving in the area.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:46 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flooziesoozie
Hi,
I said I would update you if I heard any more news. Apparently the transformer has been fitted in your road (Macrocarpa). I received an e-mail on mycadiz site from a resident of your road who is having her meter fitted. She has however had to pay for new cabling to connect her property to the transformer.
Hope this is the sort of good news you have been waiting for?
We are still waiting for confirmation of our transformer installation but at least things seem to be moving in the area.
Thanks for that,will keep you posted if I here anything,both my neighbours are Spanish,with one ,we share the same plot,I had a counter meter for 3 years,kept asking him for the bill but never charged me,he must be cut off ,and I hope he knows the builder,he might arrange for new cabling,but if you know where I am its going to be a long long cable,thanks again.