Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electric Upgrade

Electric Upgrade

Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Electric Upgrade

This week Endesa called at our abode in Pago Del Humo , apparently when we bought and transfered the electricity in to our name we agreed a 3 year check up .

Endesa checked our premises noting all appliances , we were then told we were to be upgraded (1.5KW to 4KW) to take account of our usage to ensure our electricity demands were met .

A new pole and cables were installed outside and the old taken down .

This may be something to do with 2 new villas recently built opposite us , finished in September they are now having their electricity meters installed.

They had their own box intalled on new pole and we have our own new box on the same pole .

The only immediate difference we can see is that the kettle takes half the time to boil !

Total cost to us 36 euros .

Anyone else had the same thing ?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric Upgrade

After a few months away from my place over the summer (a longer
absence than I was planning - oh well!) I arrived to find the power
had been cut off and the electricity meter taken out. When the
contract had been changed from the previous owner to me, Sevillana
(the supply company) had discovered that my meter was more than
20 years old and needed to be inspected. The inspection showed that
the old meter was now illegal. So they had removed it.

To replace it cost me 450 euros to have a registered electricial in
to do an "inspection" and install a new meter box. The new box is
inside a steel inspection chamber that is flush to the outside wall,
while the old one had been proud of the wall.
Another thing was that when I had the house rewired last year the
sparky had put in a 20 Amp breaker. My electricity contract was for
a 3.3kW potencia, so when the man from the Sevillana came by to
reconnect my power, he downgraded my breaker - and put a seal on
the "fuse" box, so I couldn't put the old one back.

I expect that sometime soon I'll have to pay then a visit, them pay
them some more to get my supply and contract upgraded.

Pete
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:42 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mourinho
This week Endesa called at our abode in Pago Del Humo , apparently when we bought and transfered the electricity in to our name we agreed a 3 year check up .

Endesa checked our premises noting all appliances , we were then told we were to be upgraded (1.5KW to 4KW) to take account of our usage to ensure our electricity demands were met .

A new pole and cables were installed outside and the old taken down .

This may be something to do with 2 new villas recently built opposite us , finished in September they are now having their electricity meters installed.

They had their own box intalled on new pole and we have our own new box on the same pole .

The only immediate difference we can see is that the kettle takes half the time to boil !

Total cost to us 36 euros .

Anyone else had the same thing ?
Interesting Mourinho and good for you. There are now poles and cables in our road for the four houses who had their elex cut off last November, last I heard they were awaiting approval in order to be connected and made live. Not a bad time lapse from being disconnected to having the new system installed, but I believe it has cost them about 3500 Eu each. At 36 EU count your blessings. Seems like they are trying very hard to rectify the current apalling situation. My neighbur said he was tempted to reconnect illegally, as he has been on a generator since November, but has refrained from doing so for fear of endangering the new supply should Endesa find out.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Near us where there are five new houses a large shed which I suppose houses a transformer went in on Friday. The company that has been advertising around Pago called Insalec were on site so possibly they are the people to contact to get legal leccy.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:55 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice
Question Re: Electric Upgrade

Hi all,could anybody on the forum in Chicalana please update me on the situation with electricity in Caulinas district,has the new transformer been fitted yet.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi all,could anybody on the forum in Chicalana please update me on the situation with electricity in Caulinas district,has the new transformer been fitted yet.
Hi,

We are also waiting for news in Caulina area. We were cut off in Jan and were told transformer was going in within 10 days. Now our builder is not sure that it will cover our villa? I am waiting for an update from him and will let you know if I find out anymore.
Arriving with friends tomorrow for our first experience of using a generator?

Does anyone know exactly where the transformer is being installed.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:18 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice
Question Re: Electric Upgrade

Thanks for replying,but my lawyer,told me that it was being installed last September,2006,I am right on the edge of Caulina on Camino ,de la macrocarpa,wonder if supply will stretch to me.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying,but my lawyer,told me that it was being installed last September,2006,I am right on the edge of Caulina on Camino ,de la macrocarpa,wonder if supply will stretch to me.
Hi,
Our builder and agent actually told us that Sevilla were there installing transformer two weeks ago but a friend popped round last weekend and could find no evidence of any installation in area.
we are actually in camino de caulina close to the junction with ctra. de las lagunas. this appears to run parallel to you.
sevilla also told our agent that a transformer is needed within 500 mtrs of each supply. if that is the case then I expect they will be very busy!
If I discover any further news this week i will let you know.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:22 am
Banned

Thank you,Douglas.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you,Douglas.
Hi, have returned from our visit with no more news than we went out with.
We are told that the transformer installation in Caulina is iminent and that all fees etc paid. We have been waiting two years next month for our own meter, but it is only in the last two months that the subject of a transformer has been mentioned. Our developer had a meeting last week at Sevillianna to try and obtain an update but since our return to UK we have not been able to contact him. I expect this means bad news for us!!!
It also appears that Sevilliana are sweeping the area every couple of days checking for illegal connections and meters.
I have just put in a call to Spain and left a message for an update. Will let you know outcome (when I get a reply).
Does anyone else has any further news on the Caulina area?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:04 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Electric Upgrade

I was surprised to hear elec supply could be as high as 3500 euros. We are still in UK, but it has made me aware that when negotiating for a property in Spain, that we should get an assurance from vendor that electric supply is up to date and LEGAL, or use it as a negotiating tool before considering making an offer. Scary money that! Thanks for the info all.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chrisw
I was surprised to hear elec supply could be as high as 3500 euros. We are still in UK, but it has made me aware that when negotiating for a property in Spain, that we should get an assurance from vendor that electric supply is up to date and LEGAL, or use it as a negotiating tool before considering making an offer. Scary money that! Thanks for the info all.
Never ever buy a house without a proper electricity contract,check and double check,it can cost a lot more than 3500 euro,people would gladlly pay that.Look back on other threads regarding this subject.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no. It is not a negotiating tool. It is the worse possible thing to buy without a registered legal meter.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

You should never accept the vendors, agents or even lawyers verbal assurance that all is in order. You must see documentation. You may be promised the earth but it always comes at a cost. Lack of electricity being a major cost.
Two weeks stretches to two months, then to two years.
We were promised our meter and told that it was normal for it to be fitted after completion etc etc.
When you are investing a lot of money, effort and dreams, take no chances.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by pete_l
After a few months away from my place over the summer (a longer
absence than I was planning - oh well!) I arrived to find the power
had been cut off and the electricity meter taken out. When the
contract had been changed from the previous owner to me, Sevillana
(the supply company) had discovered that my meter was more than
20 years old and needed to be inspected. The inspection showed that
the old meter was now illegal. So they had removed it.

To replace it cost me 450 euros to have a registered electricial in
to do an "inspection" and install a new meter box. The new box is
inside a steel inspection chamber that is flush to the outside wall,
while the old one had been proud of the wall.
Another thing was that when I had the house rewired last year the
sparky had put in a 20 Amp breaker. My electricity contract was for
a 3.3kW potencia, so when the man from the Sevillana came by to
reconnect my power, he downgraded my breaker - and put a seal on
the "fuse" box, so I couldn't put the old one back.

I expect that sometime soon I'll have to pay then a visit, them pay
them some more to get my supply and contract upgraded.

Pete
Thanks for that post, its made me have the agent check on my meter to see if it needs updating before I move in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.