Reload this Page >

Electric cookers

Electric cookers

Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electric cookers

Originally Posted by Lionda
Nothing to make a cup of tea with!! Hope Mrs Teapot doesn't read this - you will give her nightmares

Periods of No Tea?! At least the vicar won't come round then...

Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot

Periods of No Tea?! At least the vicar won't come round then...

Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:20 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisw
Thanks Ka Ora! This is the thing I love my cooker but did wonder if a bit too "juicy" for Spain. Suppose it would depend on what the electric supply is like in the house we buy. But at the moment we don't even know WHERE we are going to buy so had planned on renting for a while until we find a place we want to settle. What to do, what to do!
Hi Chrisw,I would leave the cooker behind,looking at renting ,they generally come fully furnished,you may love the thing but a new one that fits in the new surroundings may be better,thats my view anyway
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:26 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Electric cookers

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Chrisw,I would leave the cooker behind,looking at renting ,they generally come fully furnished,you may love the thing but a new one that fits in the new surroundings may be better,thats my view anyway
Thanks Jeane, nice to hear from you, that is something I had wondered, whether it would fit in our new kitchen (wherever that may be! ) We have accepted an offer on our house this morning (full asking price to boot!) and have advised purchasers we will leave all the white goods including the cooker.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:39 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeane, nice to hear from you, that is something I had wondered, whether it would fit in our new kitchen (wherever that may be! ) We have accepted an offer on our house this morning (full asking price to boot!) and have advised purchasers we will leave all the white goods including the cooker.
Thats fantastic news I havent been about much last few days so Im trying to catch up.Brilliant news about your sale,I have been reading a few threads,Ohhhhhhhh....... I bet you cant wait I will be glad when it is our turn.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:46 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Thats fantastic news I havent been about much last few days so Im trying to catch up.Brilliant news about your sale,I have been reading a few threads,Ohhhhhhhh....... I bet you cant wait I will be glad when it is our turn.
It soon will be Jean - follow Martha's advice and light a candle Worked for me
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Electric cookers

Don't worry girls, the candles Martha lit are now forum community property and as such are for the joint comunal use of all forum members and applies as far back in the property chains as necessary!

Got to go now time for Marbella belles! See you all later, and Psssst,
PASS IT ON!!!! Lol!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:53 pm
Young at heart

Thanks Lionda,but we havent even got the house on the market yet the O/H is still doing his D.I.Y ,driving me nuts,hes had a op this last week so hes out of action,I totally messed the lappy up and had to start from scratch what a week,Im off for a large scotch but hey good news about Chrisw
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:34 pm
Popping in for a chat

Thanks Lionda,but we havent even got the house on the market yet the O/H is still doing his D.I.Y ,driving me nuts,hes had a op this last week so hes out of action,I totally messed the lappy up and had to start from scratch what a week,Im off for a large scotch but hey good news about Chrisw

Yes it's certainly good news about Chris's sale - I am thrilled for her

Tell OH that it takes ages to sell a house in England so he had better get the house on the market sharpish. Hope he recovers well from the op and takes things easy.

Hey Jean - you are coming on in leaps and bounds with the lappy, well done
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:45 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: Electric cookers

Yes it's certainly good news about Chris's sale - I am thrilled for her

Tell OH that it takes ages to sell a house in England so he had better get the house on the market sharpish. Hope he recovers well from the op and takes things easy.

Hey Jean - you are coming on in leaps and bounds with the lappy, well done
I'll second Lionda's comments Jean. Get the house on the market well before summer, tell viewers that jobs yet to be done but hubby recovering from op so has delayed work. You might:
A Get an earlier sale than expected
B Get the sympathy vote and get an earlier sale than expected
C Get the sympathy vote, therefore hubby might not have to do the jobs he planned to, and still leading to an earlier sale than expected!
What have you got to lose? You want to make the most of the good weather when there are more people out and about. Who can say what it will be like in the summer! Don't forget the candles are burning so don't waste "the power"!

Chris XXX
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:32 am
Young at heart

Cheers for that Lionda and Chris,you wouldnt of said I was doing well on the lappy if you were here last week,got myself in a right mess,downloading stuff and deleting other programs ended up card reader wouldnt work,everything went hey wire rang tech guy at pc world,he suggested system restore(already tried that)so I had to restore to the point of new,I had eveything to set up again from scratch,including reinstalling the net,and then setting the printer up again, Im really going to have to stop tinkering,still Im still here,got that book for dummies Mmmmmmm.....not much use Anyway the O/H dont think much of the putting the house on the market before hes finished the work,hes a perfectionist,and its got to be just so,mind you he does a really good job.At least we are more than three quarters way there.Hes to

1) Tile the kitchen and bathroom floor
2) Have fitted a new garage door and window
3) Fit new radiaters to bathroom and kitchen
4) Build a retaining wall at the bottom of the garden
5) Redecorate the hall and stairs ,cause when he was fitting
the new shower he accidently knocked a small hole in
6) Not to mention all the flags outside have got to be straightened

Its a bit too early to write anymore,we will get there slowly,hope I havent bored you to much,cheers

Last edited by jandy44; Apr 11th 2007 at 8:35 am.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:39 am
Young at heart

Chris,just out of interest ,how long was your house on the market for?I seem to think from a past thread that it hasnt been long.Or am I wrong
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:53 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Smile Re: Electric cookers

Chris,just out of interest ,how long was your house on the market for?I seem to think from a past thread that it hasnt been long.Or am I wrong
Hi Jean, no we were in it for the long haul I'm afraid, 12 months! Just to cap it all, agent confirmed offer for full asking price yesterday, today apparently we are right back to square 1 as they are now no longer in a possition to buy! :curse: I am just about to post on the othe other thread, so wouls strongly advise to get it on the market asap! Talk soon!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:01 pm
Young at heart

Hi Jean, no we were in it for the long haul I'm afraid, 12 months! Just to cap it all, agent confirmed offer for full asking price yesterday, today apparently we are right back to square 1 as they are now no longer in a possition to buy! :curse: I am just about to post on the othe other thread, so wouls strongly advise to get it on the market asap! Talk soon!
Oh Chris Im so very sorry to hear that,I did read a thread or two today and found that it had been on the market for 12 months.
Jeeeeeeez if it dosent rain it pours its a b*****d that is,I know it must be hard I bet your really peeeeeed off,but try and keep your chin up