Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electric cookers

Electric cookers

Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:35 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Electric cookers

Hi all!
This might sound a bit of a silly thread, so will explain. Firstly, I have an electric ceramic top cooker which I LOVE. I would like to take it with us to Spain WHEN we eventually sell the house and go. But I it seems that most people have gas out there, and I wondered if there was a reason why. Several people that have viewed the house have asked if I am leaving the cooker. (tight g*ts!) I obviously don't want to take it if there is a reason why I should't but my preference is that I would like to take it if possible.
The second reason is that I am acting on advice from all my freinds on the forum and have had a couple of sherberts!
Now as you know, I would not normally indulge (He He He!) but have been strongly advised to enjoy the Easter week end! (You know who you all are! thank you!!) My cold is easing, my headache is going, my backache is easing and I am definately caaaaaalm!
So I would just like to know about the cooker thingy question! Thank you all very very much!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:44 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric cookers

Leave the cooker! Especially if it will attract those tight gits *lol*

You can buy a ceramic top or a gas cooker here. They are well priced and you get the guarantee if something goes wrong. Most people prefer gas cookers because that is what they are accustomed to cooking on. I don't have a problem cooking on either and don't really see the difference other than on a gas cooker, cooking is quicker......and it's easier if you use a wok alot.....other than that...a cooker is a cooker is a cooker
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:47 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi all!
This might sound a bit of a silly thread, so will explain. Firstly, I have an electric ceramic top cooker which I LOVE. I would like to take it with us to Spain WHEN we eventually sell the house and go. But I it seems that most people have gas out there, and I wondered if there was a reason why. Several people that have viewed the house have asked if I am leaving the cooker. (tight g*ts!) I obviously don't want to take it if there is a reason why I should't but my preference is that I would like to take it if possible.
The second reason is that I am acting on advice from all my freinds on the forum and have had a couple of sherberts!
Now as you know, I would not normally indulge (He He He!) but have been strongly advised to enjoy the Easter week end! (You know who you all are! thank you!!) My cold is easing, my headache is going, my backache is easing and I am definately caaaaaalm!
So I would just like to know about the cooker thingy question! Thank you all very very much!
:

Hi Chris

I too have have had a few, stated with pre dinner fino, followed by vino with dinner and now on the old sherbet for after dinner drinks, hopefully with a Tia Maria coffee for a night cap.

Any way re your question, I have an electric ceramic hob, came with the house, in fact I don't know any one with a gas hob so I am sure your hob will be fine here. I have asked OH who is on his ** G&T and he said he can't see any reason why your hop won't work here.

Having said that I'm sure if I am wrong we will soon know about it, as I am not always in the 1n the top 10 when it comes to correct info
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:48 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Electric cookers

Originally Posted by MnM
Leave the cooker! Especially if it will attract those tight gits *lol*

You can buy a ceramic top or a gas cooker here. They are well priced and you get the guarantee if something goes wrong. Most people prefer gas cookers because that is what they are accustomed to cooking on. I don't have a problem cooking on either and don't really see the difference other than on a gas cooker, cooking is quicker......and it's easier if you use a wok alot.....other than that...a cooker is a cooker is a cooker
Thanks Martha! Point taken! I'll drink to that!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:51 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!
Not quite certain whats better as gas prices an on the up. But induction hobs which look the same as any other ceramic hob are better because they dont heat the pan but the food. but all off these things would depend on how many kilo Watts KW your feed from the meter is most are on 3 which is by far no were what a uk home has and this is why a lot of people have elec trips all the time. and the quality of the wiring in the house you are buying. were i am the feed is 6 Kw but we still have problems we cant have the tv (plasma) the oven and the washing machine and tumble drier at the same time and god help us if the kettle goes on as well. i have spent months trying to teach my wife to think in Kw a bit like Applo 13 but not Amps. this was the main reason i bought a Ups for the computer.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:52 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi Chris

I too have have had a few, stated with pre dinner fino, followed by vino with dinner and now on the old sherbet for after dinner drinks, hopefully with a Tia Maria coffee for a night cap.

Any way re your question, I have an electric ceramic hob, came with the house, in fact I don't know any one with a gas hob so I am sure your hob will be fine here. I have asked OH who is on his ** G&T and he said he can't see any reason why your hop won't work here.

Having said that I'm sure if I am wrong we will soon know about it, as I am not always in the 1n the top 10 when it comes to correct info
Lol! Cheers Crispygirl! A girl after my own heart! Lol! I'll drink to that too! Enjoy your evening!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:53 pm

Just had a thought if you have sold your house you should check what you said on the contents form as fitted oven and hobs are usually part of fixtures and fittings.Hic
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:54 pm

Just had a thought if you have sold your house you should check what you said on the contents form as fitted oven and hobs are usually part of fixtures and fittings.Hic
Good point.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:56 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: Electric cookers

No not sold yet, another promising 2nd viewing tomorrow. We specified on our agents dtails that cooker is freestanding and not included!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:59 pm

No not sold yet, another promising 2nd viewing tomorrow. We specified on our agents dtails that cooker is freestanding and not included!
If i were you leave it take the opportunity to find a better one as with time and development these things use less juice plus its one less thing to bring with you.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
If i were you leave it take the opportunity to find a better one as with time and development these things use less juice plus its one less thing to bring with you.

Have to agree with Ka Ora and Mnm I think I would not bother bringing it unless you really had to. I personally prefer gas as there is much more cooking control have been using my hob for 4 years now and I still can't get the right heat. It either boils away like mad or just sits there doing nothing, mind you I think it is about 7 years old so not exactly the most latest model.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:08 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: Electric cookers

Thanks Ka Ora! This is the thing I love my cooker but did wonder if a bit too "juicy" for Spain. Suppose it would depend on what the electric supply is like in the house we buy. But at the moment we don't even know WHERE we are going to buy so had planned on renting for a while until we find a place we want to settle. What to do, what to do!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:12 pm

Thanks Ka Ora! This is the thing I love my cooker but did wonder if a bit too "juicy" for Spain. Suppose it would depend on what the electric supply is like in the house we buy. But at the moment we don't even know WHERE we are going to buy so had planned on renting for a while until we find a place we want to settle. What to do, what to do!
Have another apperitif
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:16 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Have another apperitif
Would have but ran out! Bob just went round to the corner shop to get me another bottle of 'Cardi! Give it about half hour and I'll be back on form!! ha Ha ! (or under the desk!)
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:17 pm

Would have but ran out! Bob just went round to the corner shop to get me another bottle of 'Cardi! Give it about half hour and I'll be back on form!! ha Ha ! (or under the desk!)
I vote the desk your place or mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.