Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ECJ DECLARE STREAMING BBC/ITV ILLEGAL

ECJ DECLARE STREAMING BBC/ITV ILLEGAL

Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:14 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECJ DECLARE STREAMING BBC/ITV ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by Fred James
Doesn't seem to work with a VPN either and that's on their dedicated app.

Back to BBC and ITV player then or maybe I will have to buy that 3m dish when it all goes off in the summer!

And, Domino, it's not illegal to receive it if you can.
Fred, it depends on how you do it.
If its FTA (free to air), flying about in the air around you then No its not Illegal.
If you enter another medium and deliberately target that transmission using IP blockers/alterers then you are entering an area that you are barred from - That is Illegal

That is why it isn't illegal for you to take certain satellite transmissions and resolve it in whatever medium, i.e. radio or television - the broadcasters have known for years the overspill is there, almost purposely put there to cover the Iberian peninsular. They could have resolved it by a 1mm tweak of the antenna to give a tighter beam to the target area (UK mainland)
But it is probably fraud or breach of contract if you use a card registered in the uk in a machine in Spain or elsewhere - depends on the wording in the contract agreement, even if you are paying for it (which will be a UK payment to hide your location)

However, satellites carry many more than the one channel, serve more than one purpose. i.e. although people think of the internet as being via cables around the world satellites are also part of the multi-channel redundancy mesh of the WWW.
So IF you were able to monitor the down link from a military satellite, and talked about it, expect a long visit to Gitmo or a dusty valley in mainland USA. But they all have very very finely tuned antenna with literally no overspill.

hth
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
If you enter another medium and deliberately target that transmission using IP blockers/alterers then you are entering an area that you are barred from - That is Illegal h
Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know which particular article of the Spanish penal code covers that.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:45 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know which particular article of the Spanish penal code covers that.
why ? (or have you been hacking Spanish websites ?)
try the penal code of the country you are "visiting"
but it depends on whether the company concerned can be bothered, they usually look for ways of stopping you (eventually)

Gary McKinnon was subject to deportation request by the US but after more than 10 years the UK still haven't decided if he should be tried in the UK - but then it would only be for breaking the WTA.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

why ? (or have you been hacking Spanish websites ?)
try the penal code of the country you are "visiting"
but it depends on whether the company concerned can be bothered, they usually look for ways of stopping you (eventually)

Gary McKinnon was subject to deportation request by the US but after more than 10 years the UK still haven't decided if he should be tried in the UK - but then it would only be for breaking the WTA.
In other words,you don't know the answer to Fred's question
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Saxy
In other words,you don't know the answer to Fred's question
never needed to look it up John - why would I ? I don't hack, I don't steal IP.

or do you really think there is a business opportunity ? ?

I almost feel sorry for all those expats that have come out to Spain knowing they will be able to pick up all their favourite programmes by use of a "fudge", cos it isnt really stealing is it
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

never needed to look it up John - why would I ? I don't hack, I don't steal IP.

or do you really think there is a business opportunity ? ?

I almost feel sorry for all those expats that have come out to Spain knowing they will be able to pick up all their favourite programmes by use of a "fudge", cos it isnt really stealing is it
But, how then can you inform us about of any legal issues? (and you do!)

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 12th 2013 at 8:29 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Doesn't seem to work with a VPN either and that's on their dedicated app.

Back to BBC and ITV player then or maybe I will have to buy that 3m dish when it all goes off in the summer!

And, Domino, it's not illegal to receive it if you can.
I'm not at that stage yet Fed, but it looks as if it's coming
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:34 pm

Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:30 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I see the F1 season is due to start.

Just wondering how I can watch a few races without paying Murdoch and co through the nose and no I can't afford or be bothered to travel the whole world to see it live ?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Just wondering how I can watch a few races without paying Murdoch and co through the nose and no I can't afford or be bothered to travel the whole world to see it live ?
They are all on free Spanish TDT - Nitro channel, Saturdays and Sundays for hours on end.

(Where's that Yawn smiley?)
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

There will be 2 hours of highlights on Beeb 1 at 2:20pm UK time.

Beeb one of course is free to air so you may watch it without being labeled a criminal
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:46 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
They are all on free Spanish TDT - Nitro channel, Saturdays and Sundays for hours on end.

(Where's that Yawn smiley?)
Don't seem to have the Nitro channel on my TDT box, maybe because of lack of a signal here.
Anyway I'd be surprised if the F1 is still free, in view of the new arrangements.
Not all TDT channels are free as I understand it.
I believe Gol for instance is a subscription channel.
Maybe someone can enlighten me on that, or possibly the Guy can advise ?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway I'd be surprised if the F1 is still free, in view of the new arrangements.
Antena 3, Nitro, TVE 3, Esport3

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_broadcasters
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:07 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Antena 3, Nitro, TVE 3, Esport3

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_broadcasters
When it is not on BBC I usually watch it on Antenna 3 in HD with commentary on BBC Radio 5
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:27 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Filmon . com is back on again..
Attached Thumbnails ECJ DECLARE STREAMING BBC/ITV ILLEGAL-601960_10152669293600154_1085716240_n.png  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.