Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

I just don't get most of you.
Flying is so much cheaper now and yet you still complain about 'hidden' charges etc. You know they are there and can easily work out the cost.
How much was a flight to Spain pre Ryanair or Easyjet?
£40 quid is hardly expensive when you used to pay £120 plus.
My main complaint is that you now have no choice into many Spainish airports other than than those two airlines leaving of us with no choice to pay more for a 'proper' airline where we are not treated like cattle.

Last edited by johnnyone; Nov 21st 2011 at 7:39 pm. Reason: negative added
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

My comments exactly. Check the cost with RA or EJ, then go on to sky scanner and see what comes up. £45 with the cheapies or £400 with BA etc. with a couple of changes in Amsterdam and London Heathrow. You get what you pay for. Nothing is for free. So if you want a service with all the trimmings and can afford to pay it , then it is your decision. If all you want is a "bus" to take you from A to B , then that is what you get.
Pete
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I just don't get most of you.
Flying is so much cheaper now and yet you still complain about 'hidden' charges etc. You know they are there and can easily work out the cost.
How much was a flight to Spain pre Ryanair or Easyjet?
£40 quid is hardly expensive when you used to pay £120 plus.

How do you arrive at this argument? In 5 years of flying to Spain (up to 8 times a year) with any of the cheap carriers from BMI to Monarch via the others, we have never had 'cheap' fares.

Even with the ryanair £1 deals from way back, by the time everything was added together the flights still came to over £100 each, and that was flying east midlands/alicante its most popular hubs. Our last booking with Ryanair 18 months ago came out at over £200 each.

We now fly Jet2 from Leeds, accept that nothing is cheap anymore and are happy to pay for the service they provide.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

My last flight to valencia from Stansted was just under £40 including priority boarding.
I am flying out tomorrow for £47.98 inc. PB
I can currently book for 12 jan (A fair is on that weekend) for just under £50 plus PB. Under £40 if I fly to Alicante.

If that's not cheap flying I don't know what is.

Last edited by johnnyone; Nov 23rd 2011 at 6:41 am. Reason: Departure airport added/Current flight added
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Well
I flew from Glasgow to Malaga this last weekend ( out Sat back Mon) easy jet were direct and total cost was in region of £ 165 return. If I used other carriers then It would have involved a flight to a "Hub" ie London gatwick/Heathrow for BA then another flight onwards. Lufthansa via Berlin etc. The fact is that the "cheapies" fly direct, and multiple flights cost more. OK granted if you happen to live next door to Stanstead, or Heathrow, for example, then you have more choices, but most of us don't, and to honest, would not want to! That would also mean factoring the cost of fuel driving to the hubs . For me the best airport is Sevilla, and the combinations which come up using BA for example often involve 3 changes and flights from Scotland to mainland europe, back to the UK and then to Spain. Its is simply "horses for courses" . In most cases RA and EJ usually go where I want to go!, and I presume this is the case for most others.
Pete
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I have said it before IF I was able to choose which airlines I used it would not be any of the low cost model ones. They do not fly to and from where I want to go. In the days of BA from Sevilla I could fly for 100 euros return choose my seat, no extra charges for luggage etc and the staff from that airport were lovely people.

As I have little choice of airport ( do not drive) I have really only have SVQ and cannot get direct to Scotland. The timings are so late it means I have to stay over in Stansted then fly up to Scotland the next day. The cost of my next trip is nigh on 500 ! with flights inc all the add ons and overnight stay.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=The Capitans Wench;9749593]I have said it before IF I was able to choose which airlines I used it would not be any of the low cost model ones. They do not fly to and from where I want to go. In the days of BA from Sevilla I could fly for 100 euros return choose my seat, no extra charges for luggage etc and the staff from that airport were lovely people.

QUOTE]

You and me both but have no choice as no direct flights with BA/Iberia.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Back to allocated seating, has anyone thought of the potential for the likes of O'L & Stelios if they attempt charging BOTH for Priority Boarding and Allocated Seating? How would that work?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Well
I flew from Glasgow to Malaga this last weekend ( out Sat back Mon) easy jet were direct and total cost was in region of £ 165 return. If I used other carriers then It would have involved a flight to a "Hub" ie London gatwick/Heathrow for BA then another flight onwards. Lufthansa via Berlin etc. The fact is that the "cheapies" fly direct, and multiple flights cost more. OK granted if you happen to live next door to Stanstead, or Heathrow, for example, then you have more choices, but most of us don't, and to honest, would not want to! That would also mean factoring the cost of fuel driving to the hubs . For me the best airport is Sevilla, and the combinations which come up using BA for example often involve 3 changes and flights from Scotland to mainland europe, back to the UK and then to Spain. Its is simply "horses for courses" . In most cases RA and EJ usually go where I want to go!, and I presume this is the case for most others.
Pete
We have just been back for ten days and the flight costs were much the same, but if we had gone the previous week the cost for two returns would have been 700€ simply because of half term holidays....profiteering or what?

I did notice a deterioration in the professionalism of the service since my last flight with them two years ago!
The trolley dolly's were only interested in standing round the kitchen area chatting to each other...and not about work either!
On the way out we paid 6€ for two coffees , they were foul and virtually undrinkable so on the way back we just closed our eyes and kept our money in our pockets.

It really makes me long for the old days of BA scheduled service, that was a great way to fly and you were made to feel special and arrived feeling relaxed!