Reload this Page >

EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/l...spx?sc_lang=en

So is this the end of the scrum?? I'm not sure what I would prefer....

I like free seating when i'm by my self (run for the exit seats!)

I Like allocated seating when i'm with my family.....

What do you prefer and why?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EASYJET TO TRIAL ALLOCATED SEATING

Its not only easyjet, ryanair are considering it as well. Its easy money really.

Pre book as an early boarder and you may be one of 20 paying for the privelige. Pre booked/compulsory seats offer the company the same cash reward but with 200 seats.

So instead of 20 x £5 its now 200 x £5 easy money for them, its worth an extra 10 minutes on the tarmac to load everyone. Especially now you have to use the airbridges at Alicante.

Jet2 did this about 18 months ago, so they are not the 1st. All companies are looking to extend the profit margin, this is simple economics for the company.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I never pay extra for an allocated seat, one airline seat in economy class is just as uncomfortable as another for a tall person like me, so I really don't care where I sit on a short haul flight. OH and I can even manage to cope with sitting apart - I always pity the person who gets to sit next to him, though, as he's the type who knows their whole life story within the first 15 minutes whilst I smile politely and then stick my nose into my book!

What irritates me are the couples who sit in the window and aisle seats on flights where seats aren't allocated in advance, hoping that no-one will ask to sit in between them so that they end up with a row to themselves. I almost take pleasure in asking "Is that seat occupied"?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't pay for allocated/priority seats, I usually board from the back and get a seat in the 1st 10 rows without any trouble even with the habit the likes of Ryanair have of having some low number seats blocked off. If I was travelling with children I would want to be beside them.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 7:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I came back with Monarch recently. When booking I skipped the seat allocation section as I didnt want an allocated seat. When I did my online check in during the week I was told I couldnt check in without having my seat allocated and that it would cost £7.00 each

It didnt tell me that when I booked, but it seems with Monarch the allocated seating at £7. a head each way is an additional cost
Old Nov 20th 2011, 7:18 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

From the posted link...........

>Carolyn McCall, easyJet CEO, said today: "This is another example of easyJet trying to do all it can to make travel easy and affordable for our passengers. We look forward to seeing how our passengers respond and how the trial works.

We will roll it out further only if it works operationally, from a revenue perspective and increases passenger satisfaction. If it doesn’t, we won’t."<
Old Nov 20th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I was told I couldnt check in without having my seat allocated and that it would cost £7.00 each
So in other words paying £7 for seat allocation is obligatory and might as well be added to the ticket price? Hidden taxes and add-ons have got airlines into trouble before - surely this one is no better?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by rachelk
So in other words paying £7 for seat allocation is obligatory and might as well be added to the ticket price? Hidden taxes and add-ons have got airlines into trouble before - surely this one is no better?
Ive have just travelled with Monarch (yesterday) if you check in on line you have to allocate a seat and pay, so I just checked in free at the airport and let them choose my seat...
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Ive have just travelled with Monarch (yesterday) if you check in on line you have to allocate a seat and pay, so I just checked in free at the airport and let them choose my seat...
So you dont have to pay to check in at the airport?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I've only flown with BMIBaby for quite a few years now, and it's always been seats allocated and no charge made. No mad rush, no charges for priority boarding. Not really sure why EJ at all need to trial it, clearly it works and it can be done for nought.

Last edited by agoreira; Nov 21st 2011 at 7:08 am.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had to pay to check in at the airport with Monarch - I'm flying back from the UK with them in a couple of weeks so will find out then if it's still the same.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Nope.. Just print the email off, and check in at the airport for free....

And the thing I did like about Monarch, is that if you pay by paypal, no charges, hate being charged for using my credit card... thats a total ripoff
Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:28 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Nope.. Just print the email off, and check in at the airport for free....

And the thing I did like about Monarch, is that if you pay by paypal, no charges, hate being charged for using my credit card... thats a total ripoff
Theres no charge for debit card either
Old Nov 21st 2011, 5:48 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Fools and their money are easily parted, and don't RA and the likes just know it
Old Nov 21st 2011, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Fools and their money are easily parted, and don't RA and the likes just know it
So you dont remember the days then when it cost you a couple of hundred quid at least just to get over to Europe.

What we pay now is nothing compared to what we used to, and that was when fuel prices were much lower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.