Easy Tiger

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Easy Tiger

Calm down everyone
This has not been a good day for the Spanish Forum , mind your blood pressure.
There is no need to get so personal

Chris
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Tiger

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Calm down everyone
This has not been a good day for the Spanish Forum , mind your blood pressure.
There is no need to get so personal

Chris
Really?

What exactly are you referring to?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:35 am
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

I couldn't agree more Chris.

I have been viewing this forum as a guest for several weeks now. I have generally found that the information posted is very helpful. There seem to be a core of members dedicated to providing accurate and concise answers to new threads, you will know who you are. This is what I was hoping to get from a forum as I am planning to retire to Spain permanently in the next couple of years.

However there also seems to be a core of members who treat this forum as there own little club and are at the best very cliquy and at the worst hostile to new posters, you also should know who you are. They make sweeping statements, assumptions and almost belittle new posters. This behavior is very off putting to new members, perhaps this is the intention.

There is a lot of humour and banter which is very good and I enjoy, but there are also a lot of personal remarks that aught not be tolerated. The moderators do a good job most of the time but sometimes they forget their role as moderators and join in the sniping.

I realise that some threads are emotive and create some good debate but the posts should not be allowed to become personal and abusive.

I have now registered for this forum, earlier than I intended, so that I could post this. This is a very good forum in the most part, I have monitored several others, please keep it this way. You owe it to all the members.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:12 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, sometimes tempers get frayed and things start to get personal.

This sort of behaviour is not acceptable and is contrary to the site rules.

The correct way to deal with it, if you feel that a particular post violates this rule is to report the post by clicking on the exclamation mark icon on the right hand side of the panel. That will generate an immediate email to the relevant moderators and action will be taken as deemed appropriate by the moderators.

The public forum is not the place to discuss moderator action or policy.

If you wish to discuss it further please feel free to PM or Email me or any of the other moderators.

With that in mind I am closing this thread.