Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet to Charge Allocated Seating

Easy Jet to Charge Allocated Seating

Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Easy Jet to Charge Allocated Seating

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I don't see why airlines should be allowed to impose any compulsory charge for allocating you a seat, though. Surely the price of your ticket has to guarantee you a seat, for heaven's sake?
EJ won't charge for allocating seat. The only charges are if you want to choose a seat during the booking process or if you want to change the seat allocated to you. The majority won't pay for allocated seating.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
couples will be allocated seats at opposite ends of the aircraft, etc.
My wife would prefer that
Old Sep 5th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
My wife would prefer that
Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

I've been going to Athens from Manchester ( and return)regularly with work all this year on Easyjet. I bought a hand luggage bag which was the maximum allowable dimensions to avoid check in queues and the wait at baggage claim. Obviously a mistake because almost every time I board I am asked to check that the bag fits in the frame. While I'm doing this everyone else is boarding. My comment that it has been checked many times previously cuts no ice. My only grim satisfaction is seeing the look of slight annoyance on the face of the boarding clerk when it invariably fits in the frame.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

To be truthful I don't care where I sit as long can sit with the people I travel with, with my luggage above or near me.

It is more important who is sitting next, in front or behind that matters. Loud music, games being played, kids kicking the back of seat, person in front reclining seat into knees and face, smelly nappy changing close by, constant crying kids etc. Sometimes it is better to sit near the back because most of the noise seems to happen down near the front.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought, the passenger that sits next to you that reads a broad sheet newspaper. But one of the worse annoyances is the coughers and sneezers guaranteed after 48 hours to ruin your long awaited holiday.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Just thought, the passenger that sits next to you that reads a broad sheet newspaper. But one of the worse annoyances is the coughers and sneezers guaranteed after 48 hours to ruin your long awaited holiday.
Oh dear, I might have been guilty of the first offence - I won't do it again, honest!

I share the other annoyances quoted, however - and wouldn't want to sit next to anyone who couldn't fit comfortably into their own seat and spilled over into mine.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

I love how people on here bitch like crazy over Ryanair...and when easyJet listens to feedback and re-introduces allocated seating people still are not happy!

It wasn't long ago we used to spend £600 on a ticket to Sunny Spain!

£3 for a aisle seat- yes please!!!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I HATE flying on budget airlines, for all the reasons listed above. I always pick up some bug or other. I can't afford to go to England by train, so if anyone wants to see me they have to come over here!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayak
It wasn't long ago we used to spend £600 on a ticket to Sunny Spain!
I have been travelling to Spain for about 25 years and I can remember paying just over £200 return each, but never anything like £600! Where you travelling from, Australia?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I have been travelling to Spain for about 25 years and I can remember paying just over £200 return each, but never anything like £600! Where you travelling from, Australia?
In 2004, the year after we bought our house, we decided to come over for the Easter weekend and catch some of the Semana Santa processions. OH worked for a holiday company so we got a charter flight through them - if he hadn't been able to use his concessionary travel allowance the flights would have cost £350 each. We arrived on the Thursday afternoon and it began to rain heavily - all the processions were cancelled and it didn't stop raining until Sunday morning when we were returning home! That put paid to any more long weekend trips, we never bothered doing it again.

I've just paid £111 for a return flight from Malaga-Manchester in early December (including taking a suitcase both ways). I suppose it's still cheaper than it was many years ago, but it does seem quite expensive for the time of year and not booking at the last minute.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I've just paid £111 for a return flight from Malaga-Manchester in early December (including taking a suitcase both ways). I suppose it's still cheaper than it was many years ago, but it does seem quite expensive for the time of year and not booking at the last minute.
That's a lot cheaper than I'm looking at, although I was looking at this month. Looking at the prices now it's almost gone full circle, we're almost back to what we were paying in the 80's!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I might have been guilty of the first offence - I won't do it again, honest!

I share the other annoyances quoted, however - and wouldn't want to sit next to anyone who couldn't fit comfortably into their own seat and spilled over into mine.
I have been guilty of the second, flying back from UK I was really poorly and when checking in with Flybe (no printed boarding card required) I asked if it was at all possible could I be sat on my own as I was full of cold and didn´t want to be a nuisance to the person next to me. Couldn´t believe it when it actually happened. Flybe more expensive than Ryanair but so much more civilised.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:29 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

When do EasyJet bring out their 2013 flights...anybody know ?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Out already up to the 16th June 2013. They usually bring late summer out just before Xmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.