Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy jet baggage allowance

Easy jet baggage allowance

Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Easy jet baggage allowance

Originally Posted by fionamw
This isn't where my reference to 32kg comes from, as others have now (thankfully!) confirmed.
This: (cut & pasted from oh & son's last flight, 3 weeks ago, is!
'1 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined
The 2 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 1 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The total hold weight must not exceed 32 kg. Selecting additional bags to check in won't increase the total hold weight allowed'
Does anyone know what the norm SIZE of a carry on bag is nowadays ?
IE: The silly metal thing you place your bag into at the check in counter to prove its size ?

Is it L 21 in. H x 15 in. W x 9 in still

I'm looking to get one of those teeny smart suitcases on wheels, you know the ones we laugh at.. I seriously can't be bothered with checking in as I wan't to go go go.

I think a lot of cabin crew use them...

Thoughts Appreciated;
DSB.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy jet baggage allowance

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Does anyone know what the norm SIZE of a carry on bag is nowadays ?
IE: The silly metal thing you place your bag into at the check in counter to prove its size ?
Is it L 21 in. H x 15 in. W x 9 in still
I'm looking to get one of those teeny smart suitcases on wheels, you know the ones we laugh at.. I seriously can't be bothered with checking in as I wan't to go go go.
I think a lot of cabin crew use them...
Thoughts Appreciated;
DSB.
EasyJet say this size: 55x40x20cm, don't know about anyone else!

Originally Posted by jdr
Buggies are free, even new still in a box, but we got email confirmation to take with us. ;-))
Off(ish) topic, I once had to take email confirmation with me that it was ok to be travelling with my son because a very safety-conscious EasyJet staff member once advised me that if it was her at the check-in desk when we arrived, she'd turn us away because my surname isn't the same as my son's & the flights were booked separately. I couldn't really complain, because her heart was in the right place, but I had to email back & forth to EasyJet explaining that they could see I'd made umpteen bookings for him & me & his dad & etc etc..... they said they'd put a flag on the booking. Time came & the woman on the check-in didn't really query it (OH was there when we checked in anyway!!!) but worse, they hadn't put the flag on the booking so if I hadn't got the emails with me we could have been stranded
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fionamw
EasyJet say this size: 55x40x20cm, don't know about anyone else!
Great - 21.7" x 15.7" x 7.8"

DSB.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by ballin
It is 32Kg max when two people check in one hold bag - fact.
There are
2 Passengers Taking between them
1 hold bag Weighing in total up to
32 kg

Each passenger is entitled to carry 20 kg of hold baggage. Extra weight may be purchased at a discounted rate online if the total weight exceeds 20 kg or at a more expensive rate at the airport during check-in

THE ABOVE IS FROM EJ WEBSITE
So you can take upto 32kg, but you have to pay for it 11€ fee for 1 hold bag 20kg and then purchase extra weight upto 32kg.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Pope
There are
2 Passengers Taking between them
1 hold bag Weighing in total up to
32 kg

Each passenger is entitled to carry 20 kg of hold baggage. Extra weight may be purchased at a discounted rate online if the total weight exceeds 20 kg or at a more expensive rate at the airport during check-in

THE ABOVE IS FROM EJ WEBSITE
So you can take upto 32kg, but you have to pay for it 11€ fee for 1 hold bag 20kg and then purchase extra weight upto 32kg.
Thats what I would think from reading this that if you only check in one bag and 2 people travel anything over and above the 20kg allowance would be charged as excess baggage. Has anyone actually tested this out arriving with 32kgs and not been charged? I would hate to turn up with 12kgs extra and be faced with the charges that would incur.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll
Thats what I would think from reading this that if you only check in one bag and 2 people travel anything over and above the 20kg allowance would be charged as excess baggage. Has anyone actually tested this out arriving with 32kgs and not been charged? I would hate to turn up with 12kgs extra and be faced with the charges that would incur.
Please dont risk it, it states it is for 20Kg, and then you can (online if you choose) pay for more, I regulary travel EJ and it is 20kg per checked in hold bag.......

You will get a nasty suprise if you go with 32kg..... cheaper option to check in 2 bags...!!!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

this is the online chat i had with easyjet, just to make sure - the way they write their rules and regs are a bit unclear i.e. in one place it gives a restriction of l0kg on hand luggage but there isnt any - so here it is:

[jaques alston] myself and another passenger booked l oct valencia, have purchased 2 bags in hold, 20kg each, is there any restrictioin on weight of hand luggage taken in cabin, other than the size? can i also take a camera case and a coat?
[Daniel] Hi
[jaques alston] hi
[Daniel] The dimensions of hand baggage should not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
[jaques alston] wot about the weight
[Daniel] There is no weight limit on hand luggage; however, passengers are required to place it in the overhead lockers without assistance.
[jaques alston] ok thanks, so i dont have to book in before getting to the checkin at the airport - the rules seem ambiguous..............is it only book in beforehand if you have no luggage in hold?
[Daniel] that is right. Online check in is for passengers with hand baggage only
[jaques alston] ok thank you, i was worried as i read you had to check in before the day and if you didnt you would be refused a flight
[jaques alston] and can i take a camera and a coat also
[Daniel] No worries, you can check in at the airport
[Daniel] Yes, of course you can
[jaques alston] thankyou daniel, bye
[Daniel] You're always welcome here , have a nice day and thank you for using easyJet live! chat
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have and I did not get charged any extra and I did not pay for any extra and my one case weighed 31Kg. They stuck a big orange "heavy case" tag on it and that was that.

That was one flight.

Then last Christmas we booked 4 tickets and only 2 cases. On the email confirmation a total weight of 64 Kg came up and I had around 60.
30 Kg in each case. No problems and no charges.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Yes I have and I did not get charged any extra and I did not pay for any extra and my one case weighed 31Kg. They stuck a big orange "heavy case" tag on it and that was that.

That was one flight.

Then last Christmas we booked 4 tickets and only 2 cases. On the email confirmation a total weight of 64 Kg came up and I had around 60.
30 Kg in each case. No problems and no charges.
You were lucky... here is my booking confirmation of last flight.
================================================== =

2 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined
The 3 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The total hold weight must not exceed 60 kg.
================================================== ==

Little do they mention my allocated weight was 20Kg per hold bag and extra per kg upto 60kg....... Read the T's & C's... (Single piece of hold luggage 32Kg max weight)

please see http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Please dont risk it, it states it is for 20Kg, and then you can (online if you choose) pay for more, I regulary travel EJ and it is 20kg per checked in hold bag.......

You will get a nasty suprise if you go with 32kg..... cheaper option to check in 2 bags...!!!
Thank you, no I didn't have any intention of but other posts are giving misleading information.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Thank you, no I didn't have any intention of but other posts are giving misleading information.
As far a I am aware 32kg is the max baggage handlers will carry (which is probably in their HSE manual) but to turn up with excess of 20kg in one bag I think you might get a nasty excess fee which they state in their T&C's is applicable at £9 per Kilo .
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:16 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You were lucky... here is my booking confirmation of last flight.
================================================== =

2 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined
The 3 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The total hold weight must not exceed 60 kg.
================================================== ==

Little do they mention my allocated weight was 20Kg per hold bag and extra per kg upto 60kg....... Read the T's & C's... (Single piece of hold luggage 32Kg max weight)

please see http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html
So what are you saying that is different to what I said?
None of my cases weighed more than 32Kg.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
So what are you saying that is different to what I said?
None of my cases weighed more than 32Kg.
I am saying a standard hold bag is 20kg for your €11, then you pay per kilo upto max 32kg. It seems you got away with it. However I personally wouldnt take that chance as I have seen people being charged a stupid amount.

I wouldn't go telling people the standard hold luggage allowance is 32Kg as they could come a cropper......
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I am saying a standard hold bag is 20kg for your €11, then you pay per kilo upto max 32kg. It seems you got away with it. However I personally wouldnt take that chance as I have seen people being charged a stupid amount.

I wouldn't go telling people the standard hold luggage allowance is 32Kg as they could come a cropper......
As it says on easyjet website

Up to 8 pieces of checked-in hold baggage to a maximum combined weight of 20kg. Each piece of checked-in hold baggage will incur a fee, which is payable online or at the airport at a higher charge. A fee per kilo for excess weight is charged at the airport prior to departure

€12 per kilo over the paid for 20Kg...
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:31 am

I am not telling people that at all.

When you book and pay for a ticket you are entitled to 20Kg of luggage in the price.

The price that you pay for the suitcase is an extra service charge.
2 people with 2 paid for tickets are allowed 40kg - BUT - if they decide to pay for only one suitcase the max is 32Kg and not 40kg - so 2 people are allowed to shove all their stuff in one case and have it weigh up to 32Kg.

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.