E-106

Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all
Default E-106

I recently took my UK issued E-106 documents to the Social Security office in Chiclana, I have now received a validated copy from the National office in Cadiz. This letter tells me to take the form and a copy with me if and when I need medical treatment.

Various things I have read, previously led me to believe I would get an official Spanish medical card and be assigned a GP, does anyone know if I need to register with a GP or do anything else??

Yvonne
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

lasatalayas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-106

You need first to go to the Ayuntamiento and get an empadronamiento to confirm where you are living. Then take that with the certified E106 , your documentd'afiliacio a la seguretat socila and any other paper work from the Segurida Social to your local mediacl centre or doctor.

They will then give you a temporary card and sometime in the future you should get a permanent plastic card.

The same applies for those with E121s

El Ken.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lasatalayas
You need first to go to the Ayuntamiento and get an empadronamiento to confirm where you are living. Then take that with the certified E106 , your documentd'afiliacio a la seguretat socila and any other paper work from the Segurida Social to your local mediacl centre or doctor.

They will then give you a temporary card and sometime in the future you should get a permanent plastic card.

The same applies for those with E121s

El Ken.
I seem to have covered this subject several times on these forums. saying the same thing each time. I think we should have some stickies with relevent information at the top of the this site ie: Health Issues, Tax Issues, etc then these forums would not need to cover the same issue time and again.

David
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:43 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

I do agree with what you say but I did do a search on the forum before I posted and could not find an answer for my particular question, plenty of stuff about how to register your E 106 but not what to do with it after you receive the accredited copy. Also I believe entitlement to reciprocal health cover varies in different parts of Spain

Yvonne
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by countryboy
I think we should have some stickies with relevent information at the top of the this site ie: Health Issues, Tax Issues, etc then these forums would not need to cover the same issue time and again.

David
That's a great idea, I've started a couple of topics and made them sticky.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I took my 106 into Chiclana medical centre and was issued with a temporary certificate. I was also asked to choose a doctor. As I didn't have a clue about any of them I just picked one with a pin! However as my 106 runs out at the end of December I don't know what I will do then.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:50 am
Just Joined

lasatalayas is an unknown quantity at this point

Glynis,
If your spouse has an E121 then you can be added to that as a dependant.

The easy answer however is just to telephone the International Pension Service on 0044-191-21-87547.

The staff there are extremely friendly and efficient and guide you in what to do.

El Ken
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:58 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glynis

I have just received my E106. When I've registerd with Social Security, and have to take it to the medical centre, where is it? Do you mean Centro Medico Clinic? I'd appreciate your help.

Many thanks JJ
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

JJH

Its the health centre next to the Social Security Office. You have to go to the info desk get a form fill it in and take it into the little room next to the info centre and give the E106 and your form to the lady in there who will give you a list of doctors to choose from.

In answer to previous question, my husband doesn't have a E121 still four years off retirement.

I do know that in Valencia area you can get health cover whatever age you are as we are all covered under EEC law but apparently the british government chooses to ignore this. See www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk. Interesting site.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:42 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
JJH

Its the health centre next to the Social Security Office. You have to go to the info desk get a form fill it in and take it into the little room next to the info centre and give the E106 and your form to the lady in there who will give you a list of doctors to choose from.

In answer to previous question, my husband doesn't have a E121 still four years off retirement.

I do know that in Valencia area you can get health cover whatever age you are as we are all covered under EEC law but apparently the british government chooses to ignore this. See www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk. Interesting site.

Thanks Glynis, I intend to go there Friday morning.