Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where to move to Spain?

Where to move to Spain?

Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

jonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to move to Spain?

Hi guys

Am looking to relocate to spain next may. Can anyopne suggest the best places to look at moving to? I work as cabin crew so will hopefully go part-time but my girlfriend who speaks spanish will need to look for work.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to move to Spain?

Originally Posted by jonesa80
Hi guys

Am looking to relocate to spain next may. Can anyopne suggest the best places to look at moving to? I work as cabin crew so will hopefully go part-time but my girlfriend who speaks spanish will need to look for work.
Hello Jonesa80,

It all depends on what you will be looking for? You could make the choice to live on the coast as part of an English speaking comunity, and be involved with all that, that involves, ie clubs, golfing, and have your own little Britten, or you may decide to live inland, where live gets a little more interesting learning how the Spanish live, your girlfriend will make friends very quickly as she speakes Spanish (you dont say if she is English or Spanish) she will be accepted very quickly by any local comunity.

There are a lot of Job oppertunities for work on the coast as there are a loads of skills that are needed for dual linguists in the Estate agents or hotels, etc in Land The job oppertunites are growing as more Brits, Germans, and French are seeing the prospect of the cost of living is cheeper than on the coast.

I know this might not be the answer you are looking for but you give little information about what you are looking for, I hope you get my meaning? oh well take a look at my site

Inland Sax

I wish you luck
David
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe that there is a book that can be bought entitled "The best places to live in Spain" or something along those lines.
Hopefully someone will come alomg soon and point yuo in the right direction
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
I do believe that there is a book that can be bought entitled "The best places to live in Spain" or something along those lines.
Hopefully someone will come alomg soon and point yuo in the right direction
Oh now I know what you were on about TACD, I can see where you mistook my website as a job agency, sorry this old man has a bad memory, LOL no my site is for informing the expats here in Sax, as I also run a monthly newsletter called "Vinalopo News" and my site repets the information from the month before, so I am putting Septembers's news on the website next week. (Oct)
Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

jonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for your responses,

countryboy will probably like to move to the coast. We cant afford to buy a place (unless we take a morgage out) so renting somewhere near the coast will be good and somewhere near the brits would be ideal for me. My gf is slovakian but her spanish is pretty good. She is legal to work for may 1st apparently.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your responses,

countryboy will probably like to move to the coast. We cant afford to buy a place (unless we take a morgage out) so renting somewhere near the coast will be good and somewhere near the brits would be ideal for me. My gf is slovakian but her spanish is pretty good. She is legal to work for may 1st apparently.
Hello jonesa80,
the Spanish system can give you a morgage if you wanted one, but thats by the by. I would like to suggest Alicante town thats a nice place on the coast with easy access to the airport and trains etc.

David.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Hi Jonesa80,
It depends on your lifestyle. I see you are from London....We moved to Marbella, Spain from London 2 years ago. For us, Marbella was perfect. Like a City, lots of shops and plenty of work opportunities! We weren´t ready to live in a Spanish Village or in the Hills.

We have now been here over 2 years and live in an urbanisation with many other English and Europeans. We have met alot of people here and made some good friends.

you have to consider your social life here. If you want to live in the Rural areas you probably wont meet as many people as you would in an urban area. And, when you are moving country, the first few months can be make or break. If you dont see people every day it can get lonely, whereby i see people everyday, say good morning etc and its lovely!

Hi guys

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

the gf has meantioned going back to majorca (where she lived for 2yrs) but it is dead during the winter and making goods friends prouded difficult. Also there is a lack of work as it is very seasonal, there.

Really need some advice.

andy
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
18YEARS IN SPAIN

As a businessman living in the aera of Alicante for the past 18 years yet only 43 years old. My advise would be to base your self in the middle between the Airports of Alicante and Murcia. Also murcia airport is expanding whilst a new terminal and city airport is being built now so plenty of job opportunitie in the near future. Good luck anyway.
Hi guys