Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Driving test - only in Spain !!!!

Driving test - only in Spain !!!!

Old Sep 26th 2011, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving test - only in Spain !!!!

My daughter recentely took her driving test here, the story is as follows.....
She's driving, instructor is in passenger seat still operating dual control pedals and giving secret hand and leg signals. Examinar is in back with 2 other test candidates. 5 mins into test examinar says pull over and then goes for a coffee.
Next candidate he makes drive around a busy city centre looking for a branch of his bank to pay a bill, unsuccesful he pulls over and he and the instructor go for a beer.
At the end of all the tests he fails all the candidates. The instructor and the examinar have a heated discussion and the examinar agrees to pass 2 of the candidates.
ONLY in Spain
Old Sep 26th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving test - only in Spain !!!!

If it was a child of mine in that situation I would find nothing to laugh at and would be looking for ways to report both instructor and examiner no matter which country I was in. I had read about the fact they have more than one learner in the car when going for test and wonder how they deal with insurance if an accident happens. I also think for many learners it would be a sure fire fail in many circumstances.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
ONLY in Spain
That's a funny story. My OH failed her text after 8 seconds here in Spain as her leg went all nervous so she repeatedly stalled at a busy junction. It didnt help that there were 2 students in the back watching.

However, there are loads of countries that have short or easy tests, the US being the easiest of all. The UK test is pretty vigerous (I failed 4 times). The biggest problem with UK drivers is they drive too slowly and often in the middle lane of the motorway! Though given the fines handed out for going 3mph over the limit in the UK, I understand why
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
That's a funny story. My OH failed her text after 8 seconds here in Spain as her leg went all nervous so she repeatedly stalled at a busy junction. It didnt help that there were 2 students in the back watching.

However, there are loads of countries that have short or easy tests, the US being the easiest of all. The UK test is pretty vigerous (I failed 4 times). The biggest problem with UK drivers is they drive too slowly and often in the middle lane of the motorway! Though given the fines handed out for going 3mph over the limit in the UK, I understand why
I may be wrong but I think they normally fine for going 10% plus 3 mph over the limit.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I may be wrong but I think they normally fine for going 10% plus 3 mph over the limit.
Thats what I thought too, but my brother swears he got fined for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone in the UK, which sounds very harsh to me
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
If it was a child of mine in that situation I would find nothing to laugh at and would be looking for ways to report both instructor and examiner no matter which country I was in. I had read about the fact they have more than one learner in the car when going for test and wonder how they deal with insurance if an accident happens. I also think for many learners it would be a sure fire fail in many circumstances.
Laughing is the only way to survive the bizareness of Spain.
Reporting peoples corruption or whatever is a non starter here as it's a part of the culture that is just accepted but hard to swallow for us Brits.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Thats what I thought too, but my brother swears he got fined for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone in the UK, which sounds very harsh to me
It does doesn't it. It would only have to be a slight exaggeration on your brother's part to fall within those guidelines. It would be 36. Or could be explained by a faulty speedometer, GPS or a faulty Radar.