Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Driving down and renting in lockdown.

Driving down and renting in lockdown.

Old Feb 24th 2021, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving down and renting in lockdown.

Originally Posted by ETwenthome
the first step along the emigration route is getting a visa to enter the country you're immigrating to.
Which wont happen.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the EU’s vaccination project it will be along time before they allow travel. France and Germany will be having another wave of covid deaths as the UK is lifting restrictions. They are sat on millions on Oxford jabs but won’t take them. What absolute idiots. If more countries don’t leave the EU after this fiasco they will have to thank the lord.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 5:16 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
They are sat on millions on Oxford jabs but won’t take them. What absolute idiots. .
Hola,

I know there are possible problems with giving the vaccination to older people. I have evidence that it has happened the other way round - Google "is nolotil dangerous" - the answer is Yes it can be to the British

Davexf
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

What I have never understood is, why the UK has such a high death rate.
They talk about obseity, BAME and poor living conditions but all countries have these things.
At the end of the day surely the priority is keeping the mortality rate down. Stopping the virus circulating isn't the ultimate objective in itself although obviously less virus=less deaths but it's not the only factor.
But then there's long Covid.
And the knock on effects.
Nightmare.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

They talk about obseity, BAME and poor living conditions but all countries have these things.
At the end of the day surely the priority is keeping the mortality rate down. Stopping the virus circulating isn't the ultimate objective in itself although obviously less virus=less deaths but it's not the only factor.
Nightmare.
The reason the UK has a higher death rate than some countries is down to certain demographics completely ignoring government rules /laws , no politician dare point this out as it would be twisted by the media to be racist rather that fact , it is fact , death rates prove this, the UK government has been far too soft on rule/law breakers and this has cost many lives.
At the height of deaths , over 1500 per day over 1000 of these were in London ,this should tell you everything.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Plus unfortunately, UK became the home of new variants (Kent, London, Liverpool and European entry point for South African), which are highly infectious and more deadly.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joppa
Plus unfortunately, UK became the home of new variants (Kent, London, Liverpool and European entry point for South African), which are highly infectious and more deadly.
Which is down to thoughtless idiots travelling unnecessarily .
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Which is down to thoughtless idiots travelling unnecessarily .
UK government kept the border open until late in January, other than need to self-isolate for 14 days, later reduced to 10. Also mobility within England wasn't controlled until the latest lockdown (shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted ...)

Last edited by Joppa; Feb 25th 2021 at 6:55 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

dieselracer13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
I dont want to appear too rude but has the OP any idea what is actually happening in the world!!! Maybe it is a bit of trolling, I dont know.
Whoa, of course I know what is going on in the world after contracting covid last March and working in the NHS. But believe it or not there are still people who are managing to move around albeit with difficulty. My question was whether anyone had attempted to drive to Spain during lockdown and succeeded. It was a genuine question as my wife and I are in a desperate situation in the UK and being able to make the move now would be a huge benefit.

Thanks to all the other posters that have offered some constructive comments which is really appreciated.

Regards

Mark
Old Feb 25th 2021, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dieselracer13
Whoa, of course I know what is going on in the world after contracting covid last March and working in the NHS. But believe it or not there are still people who are managing to move around albeit with difficulty. My question was whether anyone had attempted to drive to Spain during lockdown and succeeded. It was a genuine question as my wife and I are in a desperate situation in the UK and being able to make the move now would be a huge benefit.

Thanks to all the other posters that have offered some constructive comments which is really appreciated.

Regards

Mark
Wow , you posts get dumber , so youve worked in the NHS , had Covid yet you still want to try and sneak down to southern Spain in a pandemic lockdown , we will probably see you on the news soon being locked up by either British or Spanish Police , most of the worlds population are desperate to get out and travel , however YOU CAN`T ! , you really need to give your head a wobble , even after lock down you cant just rock up and live in Spain .
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:40 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

Mark
Maybe in the world, but apparently not what's happening in France.
For example, yesterday evening the French PM announced that, among other regions, most of the "Hauts de France" (including Calais and Dunkerque which has already been targetted), the Paris Region and the Eure & Loir (south of Le Havre and Ouistreham) will be under strict surveillance. Even if you managed to leave the UK and get through a port of entry in Bretagne, your UK-registered car would be like a beacon for roving gendarmes anywhere. Not to mention the nationwide curfew after 18h00, and driving through France after that time to look for a place to rent in Spain isn't covered by the Attestation justifying exemptions....
Presuming that there are no restrictions, have you considered going to the Republic of Ireland temporarily if your situation in the UK is desperate? When the Covid Situation is under control, you could continue with your Spanish dreams from there....
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

Mark

Mark- what on earth is so desperate about your situation in the UK that you need to drive in the middle of a pandemic to a foreign country and live there?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

my wife and I are in a desperate situation in the UK and being able to make the move now would be a huge benefit.
Maybe, maybe not. If the new global travel health card is the same as the EHIC, it won't cover you if you travel against Home Office advice. Likewise many travel insurance policies. You would in fact be breaking UK law which is one up on travelling against advice. If either of you were to get sick or have an accident while in Spain, you might wish you were back in the UK.

Another thing, what if Spain gets into a bad place with Covid and goes onto the UK's mandatory quarantine list when your 90 days run out and you have to leave? You would have a choice between taking the rap for overstaying in Schengen, and paying for 10 days isolation in a UK hotel. Again it might take the shine off the trip.

If neither of those would be a problem for you, clearly money isn't a problem. In which case, why not find somewhere more pleasant in the UK to hole up until this thing is over? The end is just about in sight. Is it really worth putting yourself legally and morally in the wrong at this stage by behaving anti-socially, and risking eye-watering costs and consequences?

Last edited by EuroTrash; Feb 26th 2021 at 8:12 am.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Nightmare.
Because someone kept reading from trump's book and went shaking hands to everyone in hospital, while allowed Cheltenham to go on.
Someone also kept skipping Cobra meetings, as was to busy in pub. And so on...
Still wondering why?
Still wonder why USA has over half mil dead?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Mark- what on earth is so desperate about your situation in the UK that you need to drive in the middle of a pandemic to a foreign country and live there?
Fugitive, on run from Police?
I cant think of any other good reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.