Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the dream has finally arrived

the dream has finally arrived

Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the dream has finally arrived

The reality is that my house to the south of Alicante would cost three times as much if it were in Javea, it would cost over a million if it was transported to the pine covered hills of Montgo, and not having a million, I moved south.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:39 pm
Banned

correveidile will become famous soon enoughcorreveidile will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HBG
The reality is that my house to the south of Alicante would cost three times as much if it were in Javea, it would cost over a million if it was transported to the pine covered hills of Montgo, and not having a million, I moved south.
This is exactly what I mean. You live south of Alicante and you are being defensive. By the why my Father-in-law lives on the coast side of Montgo 2 minutes drive from Denia centre in a beautiful 3 bedroom house on a 1500 metre plot and it didn't cost anywhere near that much.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:54 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

im moving to the costa tropical which is right next door to the costa del sol , the costa del sol ends at nerja/maro then im the next stop after that a place called la herrdura it stands for the horse shoe and its exactly that in shape its a beautifull bay with excellent views with a popalation of just 5000 people a real spanish place not to many expats
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

The very best of luck to you. I hope all goes really well. We leave the end of August so can appreciate the upheavel at the moment. The "have I done this" and "have i done that" type thing.

I have to say that we have been given some very good advice on this site - from people who know a little bit more than us.
But I cant understand why sometimes there is lots of pettiness. Like the "chalk and cheese" bit.
Obviously the further north you go the less brits you will find. I have lived in Valencia city where you cant even find a portion of chips unless theyre cooked in olive oil (yummy too).
This time we are living further south but this helps to suit my income etc, not my husbands, cos that is web based.
But were still in Spain. If you dont want to see the brits then dont go to the areas where they seem to accumulate but Spain is a big beautiful country with enough room for everyone and there is spanish culture all around you, so maybe i suggest to the "northerners" - open your eyes a little bit.

(posted by paintermujer)

Last edited by painterhombre; Jul 4th 2009 at 12:46 pm. Reason: forgot something
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
a place called la herrdura it stands for the horse shoe and its exactly that in shape its a beautifull bay with excellent views with a popalation of just 5000 people a real spanish place not to many expats
Beautiful bay? It's all bleedin' great pebbles! never mind the bypass around it will be open soon, won't have to go past it!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Triana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really nice

Originally Posted by pjj
im moving to the costa tropical which is right next door to the costa del sol , the costa del sol ends at nerja/maro then im the next stop after that a place called la herrdura it stands for the horse shoe and its exactly that in shape its a beautifull bay with excellent views with a popalation of just 5000 people a real spanish place not to many expats
Hope you'll be very happy. I like La Herradura very much (used to visit it regularly when friends lived there). In particular I remember an excellent chiringuito called La Gaviota (right hand end of the beach as you look from the road towards the sea) which I know is still there. Triana
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
hi every one , ive been on here for over a year now chatting to all you expats who have made the move or are looking too make the move to spain and the advice has been great . me and my girlfriend have sold our home finally after a year on market the moneys in the bank and we are now staying at the inlaws , we will be now be moving out to spain on july 20th its been a long hard slog but its here now the dream has finally arrived and we cant wait even though all the bad press about people moving back to the uk in the plane loads and how hard it is to make a living out there it aint putting us off . we know we are still making the right decision im totally fed up with the uk and ready to roll for a new and better quality of life
Yesterday I saw a report on French, Dutch, Belgian and British I believe living near coast of Leante of Murcia (usually young people) and they seemed very happy. I understand that each person is a world

Last edited by Relampago; Jul 24th 2009 at 8:54 pm.