donkeys

Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:13 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: donkeys

Originally Posted by XTreme
Yes....Jennifer's safe.
The photos were taken over our friends' place where Dylan lives....we couldn't fit him into a 3 bed property on an urbanization.
But we do have the five dogs and a duck there!
We came here with our 3 dogs, and aquired (as you do) 2 more.
If I start going on about any of that, or some of the other rescues, I'll be here all day. But they're usually pretty XTreme involving street riots and jumping into canals!
By the way, our friends have got a zoo licence and have all manner of animals on their land.....from exotic birds to monkeys to wallabies to AlPacas!

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY MY HERO!

I think that what you and you're friends are doing and what you've done is amazing.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:59 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks derby....I don't know what to say! I'm only used to being called a twat!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:27 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Can I ask what is involved with the day to day care of having donkeys?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:47 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks derby....I don't know what to say! I'm only used to being called a twat!
and we all know why that is don't we?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:55 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
Can I ask what is involved with the day to day care of having donkeys?
The wife's the expert....so I'll get her to give you a rundown of it later.

All I can tell you from my experience is it involves many wheelbarrows full of poop!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:32 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

The wife's the expert....so I'll get her to give you a rundown of it later.

All I can tell you from my experience is it involves many wheelbarrows full of poop!
is it good for the garden like horse poo??
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:34 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by silverchick
is it good for the garden like horse poo??
I'll have to ask the wife again silverchick....she's the expert on all matters relating to animal excrement.
They don't call her The Stench Wench for nothing!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:03 pm
Fed up in England!!

I'll have to ask the wife again silverchick....she's the expert on all matters relating to animal excrement.
They don't call her The Stench Wench for nothing!
Charming she must love that!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:53 pm
Mucho Macho

OK....I've asked the wife about day to day care of donkeys!

Dylan's diet: Hay in the morning, grazing in the day, and in the evening carrots, apples, lettuce....and ginger nuts! Donkeys love Ginger Nuts. They also have to have a salt spool. Plenty of fresh water.

Wormed every three months.

Must have shelter from rain and sun.

Regular grooming including ear cleaning.

Human contact and equine companionship.

Plenty of exercise that will also wear down their hooves. Periodically put hoof oil on them. And get a hoof pick to clean them out.

Donkey poop is good fertiliser.

And if you're thinking of getting a donkey try not to get an entire male. Cos until they're "done" they can be a bit difficult.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:57 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

OK....I've asked the wife about day to day care of donkeys!

Dylan's diet: Hay in the morning, grazing in the day, and in the evening carrots, apples, lettuce....and ginger nuts! Donkeys love Ginger Nuts. They also have to have a salt spool. Plenty of fresh water.

Wormed every three months.

Must have shelter from rain and sun.

Regular grooming including ear cleaning.

Human contact and equine companionship.

Plenty of exercise that will also wear down their hooves. Periodically put hoof oil on them. And get a hoof pick to clean them out.

Donkey poop is good fertiliser.

And if you're thinking of getting a donkey try not to get an entire male. Cos until they're "done" they can be a bit difficult.

Like most men then eh
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:02 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
[/COLOR]

Like most men then eh
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:18 pm
Mucho Macho

What is it with all you women and castrations? You just mention that word and you all start cackling like witches!

I remember the day of Dylan's castration well.....6 of us holding him while he threw martial arts kicks, 2 vets, and god knows how many injections to knock him out.
Once he was out cold.....I left the compound (obviously).....all the women stayed, then one of them came out with his bits in a bucket waving it round like a trophy.
Bloody hell....I thought I was going to pass out.
I felt really sorry for him tbh.....still do. But he was very dangerous before, and being such a big donkey he's enormously strong and could have killed somebody.
As it was, the vets checked on him over the next couple of days and gave him injections etc....and within a week or so he was fine. And a much nice donkey too.
Disclaimer: This procedure will not have the same effect on men!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with all you women and castrations? You just mention that word and you all start cackling like witches!

I remember the day of Dylan's castration well.....6 of us holding him while he threw martial arts kicks, 2 vets, and god knows how many injections to knock him out.
Once he was out cold.....I left the compound (obviously).....all the women stayed, then one of them came out with his bits in a bucket waving it round like a trophy.
I felt really sorry for him tbh.....still do. But he was very dangerous before, and being such a big donkey he's enormously strong and could have killed somebody.
As it was, the vets checked on him over the next couple of days and gave him injections etc....and within a week or so he was fine. And a much nice donkey too.
Bloody good fun trying no doubt, be afraid, be very afraid !!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:23 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not read the Sam thread????? I was named after a witch - i could not have stayed and watched though and i definately would not be swinging round like a trophy - i would have been with you sliding down a wall me thinks - very squeemish .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.