Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dog-Friendly B&Bs/small hotels??

Dog-Friendly B&Bs/small hotels??

Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:41 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dog-Friendly B&Bs/small hotels??

Does anyone know of any dog-friendly B&Bs, small hotels France/Spain? We're driving down through France and Spain at the end of February and wondered if anyone had any experience/recommendations besides the Campaniles? We have quite a few in France but Spain seems to be more of a problem. Thanks.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dog-Friendly B&Bs/small hotels??

Originally Posted by JnK
Does anyone know of any dog-friendly B&Bs, small hotels France/Spain? We're driving down through France and Spain at the end of February and wondered if anyone had any experience/recommendations besides the Campaniles? We have quite a few in France but Spain seems to be more of a problem. Thanks.
The motorway service area just south of Beaune in both directions has a motel. It has three levels of rooms. 1 2 and 3 star. If you don't need a/c the 2 star rooms are great. There is a space between the outer and inner doors that is perfect for a dog. There are woods within 10 yards of the rooms and you park right outside the room. They (along with most French and Spanish hotels) have no issues with dogs. There is a restaurant on site. The room costs around 70 Euros for two people.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Ibis hotels have rooms where you're allowed to take dogs, and all the Alistair Sawday books (Special Places to Stay France/Spain) have info about which ones take dogs.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:24 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for those replies. We've sat down with our route today and seem to now have it pretty well covered with Campanile and Ibis all the way through.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:20 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I may be too late to help the original poster, but I understand these people pawsforawalkhave a list of dog-friendly places in France (and are building up a list of other places in Europe). If nothing else, it's a nice catchy name!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:42 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/tr...trySpain.shtml

On the whole same as you have booked but a bit of helpful info hereon.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 31st 2009 at 10:44 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

In France : "Je voyage avec mon chien" is THE book ( preface by Brigitte Bardot ) ;
on the other hand , accommodation notwithstanding : the Spanish are very much less dog-friendly than the French , from my own experience .
Good Luck !
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:49 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray51
on the other hand , accommodation notwithstanding : the Spanish are very much less dog-friendly than the French , from my own experience .
Good Luck !
I second that, we have travelled with the hound over a good chunk of Europe & Spain has been the least hospitable to doogles.
I have the theory that it may be because , on the whole.. generally speaking The Spanish people don't train their animals & therefore expect them not to behave ? ( I have no intention to offend, it is just from observation. )
Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France have all been most welcoming in my experience.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Also : Slovenia , Belgium ...
NOT U.K. , though !!!
In spite of all the hoax , about Brits being animal-lovers...