Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Halfords or Similar near Velez-Malaga?

Halfords or Similar near Velez-Malaga?

Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:38 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Halfords or Similar near Velez-Malaga?

Can anybody lead me in the right direction for car spares - nothing elaborate something like Halfords?
Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:28 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halfords or Similar near Velez-Malaga?

Originally Posted by JnK
Can anybody lead me in the right direction for car spares - nothing elaborate something like Halfords?
Thanks
Theres something similar in Coin called Premier-tools.com ??? you can buy on line and they deliver the next day, dunno if you can go there tho, its probably a bit far for you anyway

Jo
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

On the poligono between Velez & the Ingenio centre where all the car dealerships are - there is a car spares place on a corner but I've only been there once & haven't got a clue of its name. Not remotely like Halfords in that it's not self service, but it seemed reasonably modern, clued up etc. It was definitely on a corner & I've always found everyone on that estate really helpful so I'm sure you'd find it.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:35 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks

jojojojoojojo - I had a look at premier-tools thanks but they don't have what I need which is a replacement fog lamp for the rear of my campervan.

fionaw ...thanks that sounds great. I know velez and the ingenio but what's the polignono? Is that just the area?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Thanks

jojojojoojojo - I had a look at premier-tools thanks but they don't have what I need which is a replacement fog lamp for the rear of my campervan.

fionaw ...thanks that sounds great. I know velez and the ingenio but what's the polignono? Is that just the area?

I'm in brainache......my Nissan dealership's there, tile place I go to's there, plumbers merchants, you name it but can I think of the name. even looked up the address of Nissan but they don't mention the name of the industrial estate (which is what the poligono is). Right..... to avoid boring everyone else I'll pm how to find it!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

There is also an Auto Recambios (car spare parts) shop in the centre of Velez which was recommended to me by my Spanish conversation exchange partner. He bought a new wing mirror for his car there for 18€ which would have cost over 100€ from the main dealer.

Sorry I don't know the name of the street it is on but will attempt instructions on how to get there. If you are driving up to Velez from Torre del Mar on the main road (Av Juan Carlos, past El Ingenio), you come to a roundabout with a fountain in the middle. There is a 3 storey building painted yellow on the left hand side which is the public library. Go around the roundabout so that you are heading back in the direction from which you came (if that makes sense) just past the library building take the next street on the right and the Auto Recambios shop is on the left hand side at the first corner you come to. I hope that makes sense but as a non driver myself I am useless at giving directions.

An English friend also bought a wing mirror there without any problems.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:38 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, I think I understand. I've ordered the part off ebay for £3.99 so if it doesn't arrive in time I'll give the other place a shot.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Errr - well I did say I was rubbish at directions - it is actually the third street on the right after the library not the first! I hope your Ebay purchase does arrive, it might be safer!