Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:09 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Yeah the Spanish are very big on smoking. They only banned smoking on their airlines and the madrid underground about 6 years ago.
Its amusing to see cafes and bars here with signs saying "you are allowed to smoke here" where as in the UK its heavilly illegal..

Stil according to league tables, the spanish have a higher life expectancy than the british!

Must be the mediterranean sun
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:22 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Spain may be Green but I find that the people smoke a lot even in the streets. We were in Alicante last week & I really don't like having to breathe in second hand smoking?

Don't the people in Spain concern about their health? It doesn't seem so, when I notice the number of people smoking even walking in the streets.

I'm really surprised about this as I thought is green & a healthy place to live.
I was making a play on words, when I was talking abut being green. I thought that some of you who are quite fluent inSpanish would have twigged.

I will explain what I meant. To be green has a meaning similar to BLUE in English as in blue movies or blue jokes..... In Spanish we say GREEN.

Chistes verdes - are Blue jokes, as in near the knuckle.
Un viejo verde - is a dirty old man.........

We as they say it was lost in translation......
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:23 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

By the way this is still me mes other half. (see above post)

regards,

JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:22 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting site (if you can speak Spanish)

mundo solidario
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:24 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Interesting site (if you can speak Spanish)

mundo solidario
Mundo Solidario,

Wasn't he a comrade of Comandante Che?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

They certainly don't care about leaving their car engines running while they pop in the shop or chat with someone in the street - usually stopped in the middle of the road
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Well in my block we all getting to getter to do are bite for the Green Spain

1 we sending the kids to small pool and dip there once a week , one bottle off washing up , and 1 ja flu bottle , with clothes
2 leveling then out for the mid day sun to dry , Clothes and kids
3 by passing the meter to pole for powers , so wheel wont move , all that moving makes heat and adds to the temp in the world
4 at night time we turn off all air con as its cold any ways
5 no cook on stove , out to the bbQ
6 we going to turn off radios at night but leve the 50" lcd tv on , fack not on stand by as that useing powers aswell
7 no cars so we wont block up the town , just got cheap chopper on ebay spain , plus the fuel cheap and there no park problem and there no one useding the hellpad at the loacl hospital , just think no itv onces a year are raod tax lol
8 goingto hack sly tv , less paper work trought the bank
9 Going to brun are rubish , so that loacl town hall not having to stop and pick it up , that pass most days
10 we going to level the out side light on 24/7 so wont burn out the starts in clf bulbs , any one see the price off the clf bulbs , rip off

11 group showers mixed mmmmm for add that one
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:23 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Well in my block we all getting to getter to do are bite for the Green Spain

1 we sending the kids to small pool and dip there once a week , one bottle off washing up , and 1 ja flu bottle , with clothes
2 leveling then out for the mid day sun to dry , Clothes and kids
3 by passing the meter to pole for powers , so wheel wont move , all that moving makes heat and adds to the temp in the world
4 at night time we turn off all air con as its cold any ways
5 no cook on stove , out to the bbQ
6 we going to turn off radios at night but leve the 50" lcd tv on , fack not on stand by as that useing powers aswell
7 no cars so we wont block up the town , just got cheap chopper on ebay spain , plus the fuel cheap and there no park problem and there no one useding the hellpad at the loacl hospital , just think no itv onces a year are raod tax lol
8 goingto hack sly tv , less paper work trought the bank
9 Going to brun are rubish , so that loacl town hall not having to stop and pick it up , that pass most days
10 we going to level the out side light on 24/7 so wont burn out the starts in clf bulbs , any one see the price off the clf bulbs , rip off

11 group showers mixed mmmmm for add that one
You could also run a cable from the street light to your house so no electricity bills for you. One more cable outside would hardly be noticed
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:28 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
You could also run a cable from the street light to your house so no electricity bills for you. One more cable outside would hardly be noticed
god you right any one got 50 meter jumper cable ? dont nead for the car sold that for the chopper

let see if got this right RED to - and Black to +
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Fixed my little green contribution.
Set up an old push-bike on chocks with the old girl in the saddle peddling furiously away to power the old genny so I can watch match of the day.
She gets her half time break and glass of orange juice of course same as the players.
Works wonders for her figure,only problem is she's cream crackered come bedtime.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:25 am
Banned

Dick Dasterdly good one but jump leads stright on main power line bypass the meter , are manybe you want her cream crackered come bedtime .....

like the irish kid selling the 2 pencecoins in newyork back in the 80s same size as the toll bridge coin ..... used sell 20 for 10 dollers bridge used sell 20 for 19 dollers and one free pass lol now that recycling

then irish are smart , will there kids
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Originally Posted by Lionda
I always knew you and the Pompey Pirate were a bit dodgey.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 4:27 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

I hope the Spanish are not as green as the British. Here we now stock pile our green waste in large warehouses, because no one wants it, and we cannot send it to landfill. At what cost to the tax payer?
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:21 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by genegenie
I always knew you and the Pompey Pirate were a bit dodgey.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:40 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic
I hope the Spanish are not as green as the British. Here we now stock pile our green waste in large warehouses, because no one wants it, and we cannot send it to landfill. At what cost to the tax payer?
Of course after the smoking ban was introduced in the UK, all the pubs seemed to install patio heaters, so smokers could brave the cold air. Heating the atmosphere doesn't seem very green to me. There again, most pubs appear to be closing anyway, so problem solved!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.