Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

I'm blowed if I know - and I have to admit I've not been here long enough & am not fluent enough to get the picture; has Spain got a serious, active, even proactive, 'green/renewable/sustainable' political profile? At ground level here it would seem not....from spitting to dumping to (not)recycling, it's depressing stuff....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:13 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Spain think green or only red & yellow?

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'm blowed if I know - and I have to admit I've not been here long enough & am not fluent enough to get the picture; has Spain got a serious, active, even proactive, 'green/renewable/sustainable' political profile? At ground level here it would seem not....from spitting to dumping to (not)recycling, it's depressing stuff....
In Spain we are VERY GREEN, but not in the way you think........as in saving the planet ETC........

I will give you time to think about what I mean.......

Regards

JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
In Spain we are VERY GREEN, but not in the way you think........as in saving the planet ETC........

Regards

JLFS
you've nicked the missus' puter, haven't you?

what have you done with me me?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:35 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you've nicked the missus' puter, haven't you?

what have you done with me me?
Listen Lynnxa, this cannot go any further. I am telling you this in confidence and hope you dont let me down and spill the beans.......

She is history...........food for fishes...........she aint gonna disrepect me no more...........it was nothing personal............you know wadda mean???

Regards JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Listen Lynnxa, this cannot go any further. I am telling you this in confidence and hope you dont let me down and spill the beans.......

She is history...........food for fishes...........she aint gonna disrepect me no more...........it was nothing personal............you know wadda mean???

Regards JLFS
that's exactly what I was worried about
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:59 am
Banned

that's exactly what I was worried about
OK I confess, she will be back later in the afternoon. I have a few hours to sort the house out and could some kind soul please tell me how I can delete all the post I have put on here PLEASE........Is it possible? I dont want to be a soprano..................

It seemed like a good idea to post at the time as the computer is logged on all the time.

Regards JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

OK I confess, she will be back later in the afternoon. I have a few hours to sort the house out and could some kind soul please tell me how I can delete all the post I have put on here PLEASE........Is it possible? I dont want to be a soprano..................

It seemed like a good idea to post at the time as the computer is logged on all the time.

Regards JLFS
do you really think we're going to tell you how to delete
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:22 am
Banned

do you really think we're going to tell you how to delete

Well thank you very much.....I hope you know that you will share some of the blame for her having a miserable Christmas....... she does not deserve this.... after how well she has done and getting out early for good behaviour,
Shame on you.

JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Well thank you very much.....I hope you know that you will share some of the blame for her having a miserable Christmas....... she does not deserve this.... after how well she has done and getting out early for good behaviour,
Shame on you.

JLFS
In all honesty you can't delete them

if you're quick it is possible to delete a post quite soon after it is posted - can't remember how long you have though
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:29 am
Banned

In all honesty you can't delete them

if you're quick it is possible to delete a post quite soon after it is posted - can't remember how long you have though
Thanks for explaining that .....I will just have to face up to it like a man then.

Regard JLFS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fionamw
http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...pe-413647.html

Unfortunately it's depressing stuff everywhere. For those of you who like statistics:

EU recycling league table (Source: Environmental Signals 2002 - European Environment Agency, except where shown).

64% Austria (recycling 24 %/ compost 40 %)
52 % Belgium (37 %/15 %)
48% Germany *
47 % Netherlands (24%/23%)
39 % Denmark (25%/14%)
33 % Finland (30%3%)
33 % Sweden (25%/8%)
27 % Spain (16%/11%)
16 % Italy (7%/9%)
14 % France (8%/6%)
11 % UK (9%/2%) (2000/1)
9 % Portugal (4%/5%)
8 % Greece (8%/0%)

They are a bit old but they are the ones I had at hand without doing an internet search; lazy I know. I hope they have changed since then. (I've just looked and it seems to have risen to 17% according to Defra )

Once again Fiona, it must depend on location. Where I live all rubbish is sorted into different coloured bins and I must say everyone seems to do it, even those who you'd think wouldn't.

When I lived in UK we had to drive into the centre of town to dispose of bottles, etc. in the bottle park, and all I can remember is the c**p that people used to put in the different bins, that wasn't supposed to be there: and this was in supposedly super-middle class Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.

Of course, class has nothing to do with it. It just comes down to how bothered you are to do your bit to save the planet. Unfortunately us Brits (and Spanish) don't see it as a priority.

Spitting!!!!! I see that as bad manners, not as harming the planet.
Dumping!!!! Oh dear, how many times I saw the British (and Irish, and Spanish) tourists dumping their waste in Malaga, leaving their empty bottles in the streets, or on the steps of people's houses, condoms on the beach, abandoned UK cars.......

Last edited by arko; Dec 22nd 2008 at 8:09 am. Reason: Found some more recent figures
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Very hot on re-cycling in my area, have the different coloured bins in loads of areas around the town. What looks like the dumping of builders rubble etc on the outskirt of the town is in fact where they are filling in and levelling off for industrial units.

Rosemary
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Regards

JLFS
Spain may be Green but I find that the people smoke a lot even in the streets. We were in Alicante last week & I really don't like having to breathe in second hand smoking?

Don't the people in Spain concern about their health? It doesn't seem so, when I notice the number of people smoking even walking in the streets.

I'm really surprised about this as I thought is green & a healthy place to live.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The only green thing I have seen in Spain is the green plastic bags they give the school-kids to carry their food in when the go on a school trip so that when they throw them away they blend in with the countryside.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:45 am
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Spain may be Green but I find that the people smoke a lot even in the streets. We were in Alicante last week & I really don't like having to breathe in second hand smoking?

Don't the people in Spain concern about their health? It doesn't seem so, when I notice the number of people smoking even walking in the streets.

I'm really surprised about this as I thought is green & a healthy place to live.
I presume you object to all vehicle exhaust fumes and farting!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.