Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in Valladolid?

Does anyone live in Valladolid?

Old Sep 3rd 2016, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Jennys is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does anyone live in Valladolid?

Hey there,

I've just moved to Valladolid (was previously living in Cantabria) and would love to get some advice about living in the city. Are there any places that English speakers hang out? Are there any good activities to get involved with in order to get to know people? (Spanish or expats). I've got to say I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment...

Cheers,
Jenny
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 9:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in Valladolid?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Every so often some lonely soul from Valladolid posts on the forum. It might be worth your while to pop in to this bar and see if there is any sign of alien life or at least have a familiar drink or two.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Can you share with us (intrigued!) why you chose Valladolid?
Old Sep 5th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
Every so often some lonely soul from Valladolid posts on the forum. It might be worth your while to pop in to this bar and see if there is any sign of alien life or at least have a familiar drink or two.
Yerse.., well perhaps if I named the place it might help It is called Seamrog Pub

Calle Ruiz Hernández, 11, 47002 Valladolid, Spain
Phone: +34 983 39 92 10

Phone before you go as who knows it may have moved on. Ive not been to the pub but have been to Valladolid and think it is a lovely place, especially the Park, Campo Grande and the fruity Peacocks, such show offs!
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed a couple of nights in Valladolid whilst travelling with my OH and dog from the Netherlands to my home in Portugal. Chosen at first because it had a dog friendly hotel. Second time because it's a lovely place. Wished on both occasions we had had more time to explore because it appeared to have some interesting history... Hope you quickly find some friends there Jennys
Old Sep 18th 2016, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

MissT1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jenny

I dont live in Valladolid. However, I live in Salamanca. I think I´m the only expat here? Doesnt help when you are not fluent in Spanish ha ha. Valladolid seems very vibrant and lots to do. Are you working in Valladolid? I often visit to go shopping and it the nnearestIKEA ( how sad am I ) LOL!! anyway I hope you are settling in? If you find anymore expats let me know LOL!!