Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Doctors- Now why does this seem familiar?

Doctors- Now why does this seem familiar?

Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Doctors- Now why does this seem familiar?

See the article on new doctors in Spain.

http://www.costalevantenews.es/news/main-news.htm#n2
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctors- Now why does this seem familiar?

So the job situation isn't that bad after all - so long as you have the relevant skills. Must be very hard for parents of kids nowadays. Choose the right career path (doctor, pharmacist, dentist) and they'll be alright. Choose almost everything else and you're in the smelly brown stuff as regards regular employment (especially in boom and bust times). We can't all be doctors... can we?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:58 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
So the job situation isn't that bad after all - so long as you have the relevant skills. Must be very hard for parents of kids nowadays. Choose the right career path (doctor, pharmacist, dentist) and they'll be alright. Choose almost everything else and you're in the smelly brown stuff as regards regular employment (especially in boom and bust times). We can't all be doctors... can we?

I don't know some are self reinvented Doctors or Men of the Church, Who put two fingers up to the establishment.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Or you could be a teacher. Or work for an energy company - I hear the Oil and Gas industry is doing okay at the moment. Or a public sector worker - I know a bin man that earns £70k a year and drives a Jag - one of the perks of the re-alignment of employment conditions and contracts in the public sector apparently. Perhaps a funeral director - people still die during recessions. Or a hairdresser - I always seem to need to get my hair cut whatever the economy is doing. Then there's always the army - recruiting like mad at the moment, seriously overstretched around the world. Oh, and then of course there's IT. There's always a demand for good IT people. Lawyers - good ones are always busy - certainly notaries and judges are kept busy. How about a vet - our vet is always packed - seems to be a good career path to me? Then, of course, you could always move into politics - there's money to be made, even when you leave.

Jobs I wouldn't want to be in right now: anything to do with the retail banking sector and estate agents. I feel genuinely sorry for workers in the retail banks. The (highly paid) people at the top screw up, but it'll be the (low-paid) staff in the branches that will suffer when costs need to be cut.

But, seriously, there are plenty of 'safe' jobs in a recession, ironic that many choose to leave these jobs (e.g. education) because it's not so glamorous in times of boom...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twyntub
Or you could be a teacher. ...
At the bottom of the page where this message appeared there was an appropriate ad about teachers- see if it's still there - made me laugh. Supports the view anyone can just be a teacher as you say

P.S. only kidding former teachers

P.P.S. B....r its gone, something now about the American Green Card - well I suppose that's a laugh as well bearing in mind how difficult it will soon be to get in the USA

Last edited by Justlookin; Sep 10th 2008 at 12:18 pm. Reason: P.P.S
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:56 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I don't know some are self reinvented Doctors or Men of the Church, Who put two fingers up to the establishment.
and scousers dont forget.Its in our biological make up
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:43 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by betris
and scousers dont forget.Its in our biological make up

Or to call them by their Latin name Hubuscapusnickus
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:03 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Or to call them by their Latin name Hubuscapusnickus
you must have been to the capital of culture many years ago.its been alloy wheels for a long time