Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do UK playstations work in Spain

Do UK playstations work in Spain

Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

caronp is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Do UK playstations work in Spain

My sister has emigrated to Spain and I have recently given her a PSOne. She can get a good picture but cant get sound. Someone told me that UK Pal is different from Spanish PAL and it wont work.

Is this true. Can't I get an adaptor or something to make it work?
undefinedundefined
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do UK playstations work in Spain

Originally Posted by caronp
My sister has emigrated to Spain and I have recently given her a PSOne. She can get a good picture but cant get sound. Someone told me that UK Pal is different from Spanish PAL and it wont work.

Is this true. Can't I get an adaptor or something to make it work?
undefinedundefined
More to do with the image, if you can get that, could just mean you have a dodgy sound cable, try another one, or plug the sound in through the vcr rather than the tele
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

PBC_1966 will become famous soon enoughPBC_1966 will become famous soon enough

If you're connecting via direct video and audio outputs, there should be no problem, so it's most likely a bad cable or connection.

If the unit in question has an RF output which you're trying to tune on a Spanish TV, then it won't work. The British system has the audio carrier set at 6MHz above vision, the Spanish is at 5.5MHz.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

a ps1 will have either a scart lead or an ariel lead. one or the other. if you plug the scart into the tv, it should work perfectly on channel av1, which most tv´s will turn to automatically when you turn on the pSone...

if it has a tv ariel input, exactly the same.

is it being connected directly to the tv ?

woah..

hold up..

is it a spanish tv? that may make a difference, but i doubt it very much, as you are using a scart and not a ariel...hmm..confusing. probably a bad connection on the scart, or the tv´s turned down