Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Different warning for British plated cars

Different warning for British plated cars

Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different warning for British plated cars

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Mitzy, Do they ever visit the circuit at Cheste?
Tim
No they either got to Nurenburg or do a run down to Monaco, they haven't got much imagination.

I tried to get them to come to Spain this year but it never came to anything and the organiser dropped out
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No they either got to Nurenburg or do a run down to Monaco, they haven't got much imagination.

I tried to get them to come to Spain this year but it never came to anything and the organiser dropped out
Well, you're never doing much, why don't you organise it?
Someone really needs to get something going on at Cheste, I have never seen such a wonderful facility get used so little!
Tim
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Which car club is that?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

We'll be looking at loads of different venues as soon as we get more than 10 people to the days! All these lovely cars down here and all they want to do is get them scratched driving down the strip in Banus

Zel, no thanks.. When I used to run days in the UK we had a Smart car turn up once, well scary
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
We'll be looking at loads of different venues as soon as we get more than 10 people to the days! All these lovely cars down here and all they want to do is get them scratched driving down the strip in Banus

Zel, no thanks.. When I used to run days in the UK we had a Smart car turn up once, well scary
Bit of a way from you, but the Riccardo Tormo Circuit at Cheste is fantastic, even the F1 teams use it every march for testing. Most of the year, it's deserted.
http://www.circuitvalencia.com
Tim
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Ahh yes, spoke to them at the end of last year.. prices aren't bad (compared to the UK circuits) but until we get a decent customer base then there's no chance
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:43 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh yes, spoke to them at the end of last year.. prices aren't bad (compared to the UK circuits) but until we get a decent customer base then there's no chance
I'm not big on track days as tbh whenever I've ever been on on in the UK there is always a couple of guys with a nothing car that seem to think they're the next Shumacher and spoil it for everyone else.

But hopefully that might not be the case in Spain so def up for trying it again, tho I absolutely love the Nurburgring as it's less of a social aspect, you just turn up and off you go and don't have to put up with 'boy racer/ricerocket talk' as I call it.

Quite frankly I don't give a donkeys that 'you' have added 4HP to your car by changing the air filter!

Last edited by zel; Apr 8th 2008 at 2:45 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Which car club is that?
Mitsubishi FTO
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Clearly never came to any of my days in the UK then

There's a much nicer social side to them here, 2 hour lunch breaks and casual timings on the day make for a nice pleasurable occasion. If you want a "destruction derby, boy'd up hot hatch" day then I think there's a couple of Spanish companies that offer that
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:04 pm
zel

Clearly never came to any of my days in the UK then

There's a much nicer social side to them here, 2 hour lunch breaks and casual timings on the day make for a nice pleasurable occasion. If you want a "destruction derby, boy'd up hot hatch" day then I think there's a couple of Spanish companies that offer that
Can you please tell the people who made Forza 2 on the Xbox 360 to put the track in the list so I can do some practice before I get there!

It's quite valuable for learning tracks these days, helped me out a lot with the Nurburgring since they have non-existent run off areas on most of the track!

Last edited by zel; Apr 8th 2008 at 3:09 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Oh gawd, another Playstation generation RACING GOD
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:16 pm
zel

Oh gawd, another Playstation generation RACING GOD
haha It's a gadget we have in the office for those bored moment, but it generally does help to learn a track when it's as complicated as something like the Nurburgring.

F1 drivers also use them to learn the tracks, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.. ahem

I'm no racing god.... LEGEND is more fitting I believe

BTW: Perhaps consider doing a Classic car day as there are plenty of those in the area and I for one would love to give my 356 an airing without the risk of it bucketing down or some kid in a GTi smashing into it.

Last edited by zel; Apr 8th 2008 at 3:22 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Now if we're talking LEGENDS, I've done a feature for a local marbella website and InsideOutHealth about how to drive, was in Circuit Driver, Top Gear, CCC and Track & Race Car Driver so

I hated the 'Ring spent most of the time avoiding bikers doing wheelies past you at 140mph down the straights and then doing 10mph through the corners and being blown away by some German who lives down the road in a stripped out Golf TDI!

We have no kids in GTIs and this is Spain, it never rains (this is seemingly a lie *sobs*). You think we'd get an Enzo on a day if they were like that!?

Last edited by ShinyAndy; Apr 8th 2008 at 3:26 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:32 pm
zel

Since most people in Spain think driving means foot to the floor and hit anything that gets in your way I shall take your LEGENDARY article with a pinch of salt

Did you go on a bank holiday or similar weekend tho? that's when you get everyone and their camper van on it.

I do most of my business in Germany so have a yearly pass and just turn up when it's nice and quiet for a go around.

It sounds like you're throwing the guantlet down here Name the place and my smart car is ready! Actually probably our company 599

Last edited by zel; Apr 8th 2008 at 3:36 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh but we tend to only attract expats so we're safe from the Spanish "way" of driving!

Don't think it was a BH but it was in the summer, organised it with a car club I belonged to at the time.. seemed like every other car club in Europe had the same idea too. The queue for the circuit was almost back out onto the main road where the petrol station is

Didn't enjoy it at all

I'd take the Smart, the 599 would be too big and wallowy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.