Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is the dialling tone the same when taking a UK mobile abroad?

Is the dialling tone the same when taking a UK mobile abroad?

Old May 2nd 2018, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Is the dialling tone the same when taking a UK mobile abroad?

Hi. If I take my UK mobile (on EE) to Spain and someone from the UK rings it then is the dialling tone the same as if it was in the UK or will it have a spanish dial tone?
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the dialling tone the same when taking a UK mobile abroad?

Spanish.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:46 am
Just Joined

grahamg65 is an unknown quantity at this point

baha is that in case your boss calls lol .
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:22 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I met a couple who were on holiday skiing whilst he was on long term sick leave. The idiot posted his snaps on Facebook. Peeved when his boss found out and asked him to attend a medical with the company doctor

Last edited by missile; May 3rd 2018 at 4:30 pm.
Old May 3rd 2018, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainboy
Hi. If I take my UK mobile (on EE) to Spain and someone from the UK rings it then is the dialling tone the same as if it was in the UK or will it have a spanish dial tone?
Yes - the ring tone does not change unless you change it......
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:33 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

What you hear through the ear when calling and its ringing comes from the network you are connected to, so yes it changes. The person you call will see your number possibly, its often not transferred to the receiving country BUT for the call recipient one can often tell when the call comes from abroad, and delays are different. If you want to hide, get an ip phone service based in your country of choice or use facetime or facebook communicator or whatsapp.