Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Devastating Budget

Devastating Budget

Old Jun 24th 2013, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Devastating Budget

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=29787
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Devastating Budget

Outrageous. Import duty on diesel raised by 6.5p per litre!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:15 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
that will impinge on all the trips to poorly run Spain
Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
that will impinge on all the trips to poorly run Spain
It will depend on whether the Spanish suppliers decide to swallow all or some of the increase.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 5:52 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me a bit of this place..........

The Big Rock Candy Mountain.

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains there's a land that's fair and bright
Where the hand-outs grow on bushes and you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars all are empty and the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees and the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains all the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmer's trees are full of fruit and the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall, the wind don't blow

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains you never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol come a-trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats and the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey, too
You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoo

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains the jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again as soon as you are in
There ain't no short-handled shovels, no axes, saws or picks
I'm a-goin' to stay where you sleep all day
Where they hung the jerk that invented work
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

I like the alcohol bit best of all.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

And the little streams of alcohol come a-trickling down the rocks

I like the alcohol bit best of all.
I daily imbibe the products of the Glen Rocky Distillery which is to be found on Europa Rd in Gib
Old Jun 25th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
It will depend on whether the Spanish suppliers decide to swallow all or some of the increase.
Hang on Fred, mine was a tongue in cheek comment after reading the article.
10p on cigs as well.

Please note the wink
Old Jun 25th 2013, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hang on Fred, mine was a tongue in cheek comment after reading the article.
10p on cigs as well.

Please note the wink
OK Johnny, but my comment about the Spanish suppliers still stands.

They balance profitability against the sale price in Spain.

Gib offers them a cheaper cost to the pump than in Spain, so they can increase the price / profit margin. But need to find a balance that will keep the Spanish motorists flocking in to buy in Gib to benefit from the turnover

The only price I saw today has not changed from pre budget, but that may happen in the next week.

Personally my only gain was The Annual Pensioners Utility Grant which went up by £15.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, I'm not sure if you think it's good or bad. It seems like all good news to me apart from the usual increases on Cigarettes and Fuel.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stuboy
Fred, I'm not sure if you think it's good or bad. It seems like all good news to me apart from the usual increases on Cigarettes and Fuel.
It's a budget statement the rest of us can only dream of, Spanish or British
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:25 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I daily imbibe the products of the Glen Rocky Distillery which is to be found on Europa Rd in Gib
What - all of them?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato
What - all of them?
Well a few litres