Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

desperate help needed

desperate help needed

Old May 9th 2008, 9:31 pm
given up

squelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nice
Default desperate help needed

my dog has just chewed my leather suite, most of it on the seam but about a 2 inch bit on the leather itself, does anyone know who can fix it, family visiting this tuesday so am desperate, live near gandia
Old May 9th 2008, 9:41 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: desperate help needed

Originally Posted by squelch2
my dog has just chewed my leather suite, most of it on the seam but about a 2 inch bit on the leather itself, does anyone know who can fix it, family visiting this tuesday so am desperate, live near gandia
Sorry squelch can't help you, think you may need a specilist to repair that for you.
Old May 9th 2008, 10:01 pm
given up

squelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nicesquelch2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispy
Sorry squelch can't help you, think you may need a specilist to repair that for you.
my husbands gonna kill me. only let the dog in because the other one has gone awal and felt sorry for her, my settee looks like its been bombed,
Old May 9th 2008, 10:15 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Throw a throw over it...nobody'll notice!
Old May 9th 2008, 10:16 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

my husbands gonna kill me. only let the dog in because the other one has gone awal and felt sorry for her, my settee looks like its been bombed,
I know just what you are saying, ex and I saved like mad when we first married for a leather sofa, the first day it was delivered ex said don't let the cat on it. 2nd day I let the cat sleep on it, couldn't believe how much damage a sleeping cat could. Luckily for me it was just holes made from the claws so I used bostick glue to keep the holes from getting bigger and put a cushion over it. Was weeks before ex found it, went mad. Really feel for you.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:57 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

If you need a quick tempory fix, as I am sure you will, because you would have no chance getting the it done by an upholsterer.
What you shoulld do is buy an old leather coat/chair/bag/boots or whatever matches you suite. Have a look around the car booties this weekend.
2. Trim around the missing piece to neaten the edges. (take a little piece with you to match for colour.
3. Then cut a patch bigger than the origina hole and push it underneath the tear.
4. Glue the underside of the tear to the patch and hold down for a while until it sets. It wont look too bad if, if your suite is black or brown you can use a bit of polish to even out the colour. Be careful to wipe it off well.
5. If is still looks terrible, jut keep your guests so sloshed that they wont notice the rip.
6. Take the dog to the local firing range and donate it for target practice.
GOOD LUCK AND HERE IS ONE I MADE EARLIER
Old May 10th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Put it in an old sack and take it to the nearest watercourse and throw it in - little bastard shouldn't do it again then!!
Old May 10th 2008, 7:49 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Put it in an old sack and take it to the nearest watercourse and throw it in - little bastard shouldn't do it again then!!
Thats mean!
Old May 10th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

If you cannot find a furniture man to sort it, you may be able to find a car trimmer in Gandia that can do it, I'll have a search to see what I can find, you never know.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:46 am
given up

thats horrible, i could of killed her yesterday and she,s not coming in again, my husband might wont to go with your option though, he,s not a dog lover and this dont help matters
Old May 10th 2008, 8:47 am
given up

Originally Posted by valenciatim
If you cannot find a furniture man to sort it, you may be able to find a car trimmer in Gandia that can do it, I'll have a search to see what I can find, you never know.
thank you so much, am dreading my other half seeing it
Old May 10th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by valenciatim
hey tim (sorry for hijacking!?!) know any good car trimmers in valencia? my leather drivers seat has gone to pot and i need it repaired!!
Old May 10th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digdug
hey tim (sorry for hijacking!?!) know any good car trimmers in valencia? my leather drivers seat has gone to pot and i need it repaired!!
I will have a look around and come back to you!
Old May 10th 2008, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

You could try this site they have different repair kits

http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk/repairkits

Bob
Old May 10th 2008, 7:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

made me laugh.........