Denuncia

Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Dave1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Denuncia

Can anybody tell me how I go about denoucing someone. Do I go to the local police or guardia. What happens once this has been done. Do the police actually follow anything up.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:22 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denuncia

Originally Posted by Dave1963
Can anybody tell me how I go about denoucing someone. Do I go to the local police or guardia. What happens once this has been done. Do the police actually follow anything up.
a denuncia is simply a complaint to the police

in my area you go to the Guardia, though I have heard that in some places the local police do it, but I don't know how true that is

it will be followed up - the Guardia will interview the 'denounced', but quite what happens after that depends to an extent upon the nature of the complaint
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:27 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Try this

http://www.policia.es/index.htm
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
a denuncia is simply a complaint to the police

in my area you go to the Guardia, though I have heard that in some places the local police do it, but I don't know how true that is

it will be followed up - the Guardia will interview the 'denounced', but quite what happens after that depends to an extent upon the nature of the complaint
When we formally denounced our builder (for fraud etc.), we had to go to the national police. We then went to the courts and filed it more formally there.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
When we formally denounced our builder (for fraud etc.), we had to go to the national police. We then went to the courts and filed it more formally there.
I did say - in my area

possibly it does vary area to area or maybe it depends upon the alleged crime

I have accompanied people to the Guardia to make denuncias as varied as missing passports & lost handbags to being threatened with a gun

I do seem to remember a friend reportng a stolen bag - therefore essentially making a denuncia - to the national police, but only because that was the nearest 'police station'
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Dave1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies. I have been to the Guardia this afternoon, they were very nice and most helpful.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Bakeja is an unknown quantity at this point

Denuncias are simply reports of crimes and can be made to any branch of the police or judicial system. Anyone can file a report - the victim, the police themselves or a witness - but the police are only obliged to investigate denuncias made by the aggrieved party. They are taken very seriously and you have to be a bit careful denouncing someone - filing false reports is a criminal offence and as you are basically accusing someone of a crime you may need to back it up giving evidence in court under oath.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:21 am
Just Joined

kevsib is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to denounce a lawyer who has failed to give me money owed to me (SNIP) who do I contact to denounce her or is there something else I should do to get my money back?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 11th 2010 at 11:47 am. Reason: Name removed for your own peace of mind if legal action is necessary
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by kevsib
I need to denounce a lawyer who has failed to give me money owed to me -(SNIP) who do I contact to denounce her or is there something else I should do to get my money back?
to denounce them, go to the police / guardia & make a report, although I'm not sure that's the right route for money issues

there is a spanish version of the Trading Standards people who I think would be more appropriate - but what they're called escapes me at the moment - hopefully someone else will know

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 11th 2010 at 11:47 am. Reason: Quote edited
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:52 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

OMIC is what you're thinking of.
You also have the route of complaining to the Colegio de Abogados to which the lawyer is registered.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
OMIC is what you're thinking of.
You also have the route of complaining to the Colegio de Abogados to which the lawyer is registered.
yep that's it

never had dealings with them so it just didn't stick in my mind
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:02 am
Just Joined

kevsib is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info - have contacted the Colegio of Abogados several times but no response. Someone has said does spain have small claims court process? Do you know if they do and what they are called?