Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Denia Or Sth Blanca

Denia Or Sth Blanca

Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default Denia Or Sth Blanca

The quiet port of Denia looks really appealing in comparisson to the Mar Menor area what descion can you support me with Guys & Dolls ?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denia Or Sth Blanca

Originally Posted by vox populia
The quiet port of Denia looks really appealing in comparisson to the Mar Menor area what descion can you support me with Guys & Dolls ?
I can't compare the two as I don't know Mar Menor, but what I can tell you is that Denia and the surrounding areas are a really beautiful place to live.

Within easy reach are Valencia, Gandia, Javea, Calpe and you have mountainous areas a short distance away as well as the Pego Marshland Park and Barx where you can often see eagles fly.

The beaches at Gandia and Oliva are excellent, and the area is a lot more Spanish than further South.

I understand Denia itself is not that quiet in the summer though, so you have to be prepared for that
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

would certainly keep away from the Mar Menor, getting far too developed with high rise buildings, a bit like Benidorm, it's also more expensive than other areas around. We stayed at Lo Pagan when we came out house hunting, and didn't bother looking there, but looked further north, which is why we finished up where we are
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Never been to Mar Menor but know Denia well. It is a busy town with a lot to offer but wouldn't suit everyone. There are quiet areas but if you venture near the town at any time outside of siesta, you will encounter traffic and people and often in large numbers.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikelincs
would certainly keep away from the Mar Menor, getting far too developed with high rise buildings, a bit like Benidorm, it's also more expensive than other areas around. We stayed at Lo Pagan when we came out house hunting, and didn't bother looking there, but looked further north, which is why we finished up where we are
We are staying this August in San pedro del Pinatar area trying to finalise a house in Torre Pacheo (spelling!) but I have been told Denia has better daily shopping markets and is cheaper to live? I just dont Know!!