Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

price of ITV and other running costs ?

price of ITV and other running costs ?

Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

lcr04 is on a distinguished road
Default price of ITV and other running costs ?

what is the price of an ITV test for a car ?
is there such a thing and if so how much is road tax ?
transfer of ownership costs?
thank you
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: price of ITV and other running costs ?

A normal ITV test is just under €33.

Municipal circulation tax is banded according to the engine size and varies from municipality to municipality but even the most expensive is cheaper than the UK Vehicle Excise Licence fee.

Transfer of ownership costs also depend on the make and age of vehicle.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
A normal ITV test is just under €33.

Municipal circulation tax is banded according to the engine size and varies from municipality to municipality but even the most expensive is cheaper than the UK Vehicle Excise Licence fee.

Transfer of ownership costs also depend on the make and age of vehicle.
I've got a Clio, and the road tax, or Municipal circulation tax, is around €45 a year.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Here, road tax for my 4 x 4 is 129 euros, and for 2.0 sports coupe is 100 euros
Not sure how much transfer of ownership cost is, as I didn't pay it when we bought, made sure the seller paid.

Oh and you don't need an test on a new car for 4 years
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I've got a Clio, and the road tax, or Municipal circulation tax, is around €45 a year.
I have just taxed my car yesterday for 6 months £104 !!!!!! can't wait to move from these rip off merchants!!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vox populia
I have just taxed my car yesterday for 6 months £104 !!!!!! can't wait to move from these rip off merchants!!
And we pay only about 60p per litre for diesel.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikelincs
And we pay only about 60p per litre for diesel.
What is diesel called in Spain ? , have looked at a site giving prices but the large number of types of fuel had me stumped, are there various types of diesel, and which one would be suitable for a Citroen C1 please,
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
What is diesel called in Spain ? , have looked at a site giving prices but the large number of types of fuel had me stumped, are there various types of diesel, and which one would be suitable for a Citroen C1 please,

Gasoil is the cheapest
Although there are different types of "better" Diesel products at the pump that cost more
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Gasoil is the cheapest
Although there are different types of "better" Diesel products at the pump that cost more
O.K., Thanks...
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Saucepan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: price of ITV and other running costs ?

I took my car to my local garage where they did a quick pre-ITV check, they then took the car to the ITV place, got it passed and all for about 80e. I was happy to pay a small premium to avoid the time and hassle of queuing up and not understanding what "know press the clutch and stick it in 3rd" is in Spanish. Maybe your local garage man would do the same??
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Gasoil is the cheapest
IS GASOIL ACTUALLY DIESEL EXCUSE my ignorance por favor