Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaración de Renta

Declaración de Renta

Old Mar 31st 2019, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Declaración de Renta

Hi there!

I am an autónomo, seeking assistance with a declaración de renta.

I am based in Santiago de la Ribera, Murcia.

I work in London and live in Spain. Fair to say I spend in excess of 6 months in Spain. I have spoken to a few Gestors re. This who will not touch an autónomo? Any particular reason why?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2019, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mustard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Declaración de Renta

I suppose at this time of year they are very busy so don't really need your business. They may see you to be potentially problematic and time-consuming.

To make yourself more attractive as a client, I suggest you present them with your personal data, and your income and expenses very clearly documented in the form that a ten year old could understand, so all they have to do is type the numbers into the boxes and charge you a fortune for the privilege.

Next year just copy what they did!
Old Apr 1st 2019, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the gestors there do not have much (any) experience of foreigners needing to make a declaracion - the gestors in more pòpular expat areas I am sure would be delighted to help you as they will have the experience.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I obtained my residencia in 2016 and have submitted two "renta" submissions so far for 2016, and 2017. ( via my bank) both of which were " nil" returns. Is it true that if nothing has changed and my return is still "nil" I do not need to submit any more? I think I saw this on a previous post last year, but could be mistaken.
Pete
Old Apr 1st 2019, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

To be lodged from April to June 2019

Are you in Spain for more than six months (183 days) of the calendar year, or are your core economic interests in Spain? If the answer is yes, then you are considered to be a tax resident in Spain.

As a fiscal resident, you will be liable to pay Spanish taxes on your worldwide income and assets, and will need to file a Spanish tax return.

There are exceptions in place, which we will highlight below:
  • 22,000 income in the year from employment and pensions, including those from overseas. This limit falls to €12,643 under the following circumstances:
    • the income has not been taxed at source.
    • the income comes from more than one source (e.g. two jobs or two pensions, or one of each). If the other sources add up to €1,500 or less you can still use the €22,000 exemption.
However, a return becomes obligatory in certain circumstances no matter how low your earnings are, such as:
  • if you have a claim for double taxation
  • if you are due a refund
  • if you have made pension contributions
  • if you are claiming deductions for cost of buying your main residence
  • if you have capital gains or income above certain limits
Old Apr 1st 2019, 5:25 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I would stress that the €22000 figure ONLY applies to income which has been taxed at source. That excludes UK state pensions. Most UK personal pensions would normally be taxed at source, but it is a simple procedure to agree with HMRC to have them paid gross.