Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Debts on property.

Debts on property.

Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:35 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Debts on property.

I sold a flat in Costa Blanca in Nov 2007, I bought a house in the same town at the same time.
I am being chased via letters to the old address for an outstanding electricity bill. Which to be honest, if it were mine, I would pay, but it isn't. It is for the new occupier who failed to registered the electric in his name for some months after he commenced his occuption of the flat.
I have told Iberdrola, but the letters from a debt collection agency still are addressed to me.
I am correct in my assumption that eventually the debt will rest on the property and not on my name?
Any advice would be appreciated.
PS
My solicitor was rubbish and refuses to speak to me now, as I complained about her handling of the case.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:44 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Debts on property.

want to get out the paper work that you did say you sold the house to the new owner , if you can show that you where not the owner off the unit after a date , then power company will have to go after the new owner

power , water , loacl taxes get taken out you name ,