Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Currency fair users

Currency fair users

Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Currency fair users

Thanks all for the tips re above & I have just set up an account & transferred my first credit in sterling & want some euros.

I see the best offer today is 1.16 which I am quite happy with but I like a gamble so am thinking of setting up an offer.

Question is for you cf experts -

The posted offers on the screen - I don't need to match in full do I, I see some pretty large sums on there so assume I can just take say 1k out of the 200k offer?

This maybe a stupid question, apologies, but why is the best rate at 1.16 in the middle of a range say 1.14 - 1.2, is that because there is a mix of buys & sells?

Thanks v much in advance, much appreciated.

Last edited by poolboy; Oct 30th 2013 at 2:00 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency fair users

That's my understanding of how it works
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency fair users

The reason for 1.16 as you say I would think is because that is the highest rate that someone is prepared to sell now. So say they have 20,000 Euros to sell and you bought the last 2,000. Then you would see the rate fall to next highest on offer. Again just my understanding of how it works.