Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

curly leaves on my lemon tree

curly leaves on my lemon tree

Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:47 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of
Default Re: curly leaves on my lemon tree

Originally Posted by paris hilton
I'm not a gardener but learning,i have lemon trees and orange trees in my garden in spain,the pervious owner said spray the trees with insecticide in september?,silly question but having just read a post does that mean the whole tree or leaves/flowers ect or trunk i would presume th eleaves and flowers am i wrong and is th etime correct just september,appreciate advice.

paris
Spray it now, it's fine.
Spray from a distance of a few feet away, you don't need to soak the leaves, just a liberal spray on the leaves is fine. Spraying the fruit will not be a problem, do remember to spray it again the next day with clean fresh water, this will wash off any excess insecticide.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBull
Spray it now, it's fine.
Spray from a distance of a few feet away, you don't need to soak the leaves, just a liberal spray on the leaves is fine. Spraying the fruit will not be a problem, do remember to spray it again the next day with clean fresh water, this will wash off any excess insecticide.

It depends on what insecticide you use. Many of them are absorbed by the plant and you cannot pick the fruit for up to 60 days. Others are no problem at all. If they are the first sort then washing the tree the next day will have no effect.

If you want an eco friendly insecticide use Neem oil - and definitely dont wash it off.

I would use Confidor sprayed or watered into the ground around the tree. This will give you 3 months or more protection but dont pick fruit within 30 days.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBull
Spray it now, it's fine.
thanks for that advice

paris
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:23 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Interested to see this thread. I have just returned from Spain, and my new lime tree that was setting tiny limes and lots of fresh growth had come to a halt with curly leaves. Close examination revealed white trails on the under sides of leaves, and my garden centre sold me the product others have mentioned. About 4EU for a tiny phial, but it makes 3 litres. Copious spraying has already seen the start of new growth in a mere week. I used the same stuff on my orange tree and the Daturas as well. It works !!