Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crime in Spain - Is that Bad ???

Crime in Spain - Is that Bad ???

Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:19 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Crime in Spain - Is that Bad ???

Originally Posted by jdr
Stink bombs, we had them at school. lol
Ermmm ! A few San Miguels and Chorizo, Ali-Oli and the likes usually have the same affect in this house !!!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

chilli33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Only a Euro licence is valid, others need a driving permit accompaniment and then they can only be used for a certain amount of time, then they would have to take a Spanish test.
Driving without a licence has been moved up to a criminal offence and a possible jail sentence.
and doesn't that seem a bit draconian?....

When they want to follow a rule they do it to the letter but if they don't feel like it....they do what they like.

They entered my property ...that is against the law.... what could i do? complain to the police? what a joke i have never had a problem with the law in my fairly long life... and twice in Spain i experienced injustice...

they really need to concentrate on what is important but ultimately they really don't know how to cope with proper crimes ...they are good at issuing tickets and directing traffic
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

The justice in Spain is in agreement to our political class: a authentic rubbish. It is certain that in Spain there is delinquency, but now more than before. I have never seen what I have never seen now (although where I live I have hardly seen delinquency, it is very calm area): Latin kings; organized mafias of East Europe countries etc etc etc...Before the " chorizo ", when practiced the robbery, made it without anybody in the home and conformed with a television, for example, but now, what has arrived with the immigration, is of authentic panic
Originally Posted by chilli33
they really need to concentrate on what is important but ultimately they really don't know how to cope with proper crimes ...they are good at issuing tickets and directing traffic
I believe that you are wrong. The police in Spain has solved cases and very complex crimes. It is certain that it can have crimes without solving, but this happens also in UK or USA
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

chilli33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
I believe that you are wrong. The police in Spain has solved cases and very complex crimes. It is certain that it can have crimes without solving, but this happens also in UK or USA
I am sorry to offend you but you won't convince me or a lot of others that live in small towns in Spain that the police play fair! i wish i hadn't had the experiences that i did...but they do practice racism...and three police turned up at my day in court....(i had never met them) and they all testified against me! .....and they got paid 50 euros because it was their day off :curse:

That would never happen in the UK!! Sorry!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:47 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

When I mentioned people being gassed I didn't realise I would set off such a debate!

I was merely repeating what a person I personally know of and see each week for the last three years had told me - so no reason to disbelieve them?

She lives in an apartment, said she had been burgled and that they had all woken up feeling sick and with headaches, including the children, so to her they were gassed.

We all know of crime on the Costas so why this would be a myth I don't know, sounds believable to me. Most importantly I think crime is not out of control here in Spain, speaking for my area (northern Costa Blanca) which was the point of the thread.

Mark
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to offend you but you won't convince me or a lot of others that live in small towns in Spain that the police play fair! i wish i hadn't had the experiences that i did...but they do practice racism...and three police turned up at my day in court....(i had never met them) and they all testified against me! .....and they got paid 50 euros because it was their day off :curse:

I am not mad nor I am trying to convince you, I am only contributing some data. You can think what you want, of course

Every time that is spoken of the racism in Spain, seems that the racism is invention of the Spaniards, that the racism is only and exclusive of Spain, when is a problem of all the world, when ultra-right politics doesn't exist as in Switzerland nor we have laws so hard as the Italians. I don't know that problems of racism you have or you have seen. I can speak to you of the racism in UK or USA (countries that accuse of racism to Spain)? In USA, for example, until three decades ago a black could not travel nor in a bus

Are you saying that they were corrupt policemen? How you do know that there is not corruption in United Kingdom? Or will it be that here there is corruption because we take out more the " trapos sucios " (dirty cloths) than other countries? I don't deny that there is corruption in my country, but we also have answers to the corruption, and we react judicially when there are cases of corruption. I don't know which is your case but with the corruption in Spain, happens same with the racism, it is not our invention. Unfortunately it is installed in all the societies

We cannot generalize. All the englishmen you are " hooligans "? Spain is not perfect, but the rest of the world is not Disneyworld

Last edited by Relampago; Nov 14th 2008 at 10:28 am.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

I am not mad nor I am trying to convince you, I am only contributing some data. You can think what you want, of course

Every time that is spoken of the racism in Spain, seems that the racism is invention of the Spaniards, that the racism is only and exclusive of Spain, when is a problem of all the world, when ultra-right politics doesn't exist as in Switzerland nor we have laws so hard as the Italians. I don't know that problems of racism you have or you have seen. I can speak to you of the racism in UK or USA (countries that accuse from racism to Spain)? In USA, for example, until three decades ago a black could not travel nor in a bus

Are you saying that they were corrupt policemen? How you do know that there is not corruption in United Kingdom? Or will it be that here there is corruption because we take out more the " trapos sucios " (dirty cloths) than other countries? I don't deny that there is corruption in my country, but we also have answers to the corruption, and we react judicially when there are cases of corruption. I don't know which is your case but with the corruption in Spain, happens same with the racism, it is not our invention. Unfortunately it is installed in all the societies

We cannot generalize. All the englishmen you are " hooligans "? Spain is not perfect, but the rest of the world is not Disneyworld
I totally agree with you
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:51 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Every time that is spoken of the racism in Spain, seems that the racism is invention of the Spaniards, that the racism is only and exclusive of Spain, when is a problem of all the world, when ultra-right politics doesn't exist as in Switzerland nor we have laws so hard as the Italians. I don't know that problems of racism you have or you have seen. I can speak to you of the racism in UK or USA (countries that accuse of racism to Spain)? In USA, for example, until three decades ago a black could not travel nor in a bus

Totally agree with the above (although I don't live in Spain yet). But know full well that ineptitude, racism and corruption sadly happen anywhere in the world I lived 27 years in South Africa and trust me, you don't have any idea of corruption and crime :curse:
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Gill_Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had no trouble with crime in Playa Flamenca, crime is everywhere and you just have to take sensible precautions.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:49 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

it well happens in the uk.I know a few people who have been stiched up by the police and customs.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
it well happens in the uk.I know a few people who have been stiched up by the police and customs.
what a dark little world you live in eh betris.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:11 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
what a dark little world you live in eh betris.
Yes but no worrys.Im paying my lecci bill tomorrow.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill_Bell
crime is everywhere and you just have to take sensible precautions.
Got to take issue with this. In the UK I've never had anything stolen (touch wood) from my house or garden. No matter where I've lived. In Spain, everything movable has been stolen from my yard while I'm away. Not in one single swoop, but over the past year or so - including things that you think would be either worthless (crappy old hosepipe that the previous owners couldn't be bothered to take with them) or impossible: such as my rotary clothes line, which was concreted in. I've also had my garage broken into and stuff stolen from it and on the last trip, I found someone had tried to break into the house itself.
All this is on the "isn't it so peaceful out here" campo.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:42 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to ask "Does everyone believe that son of spain is Spanish"? I don't think he is.

If there is no corruption in the Spanish Police it will be the only place in Spain that there isn't.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

fuzzball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by correveidile
It depends where you live. I leave my house unlocked all day, my laptop unattended on the porch, never lock the cars, cultivator, mixer, strimmer, etc outdoors and have not had a theft in 7 years. The opposite end of the spectrum, of course, is Torrevieja which, per capita, is the crime capital of Spain.
Torrevieja aint so bad these days, i feel quite safe walking around. As long as you keep your wits about you same as you have to in any big UK city

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.