COVID RULES

Old Aug 7th 2021, 6:15 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID RULES

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Thanks , it's so good to be back . Don't know if anyone else finds this, but as soon as we stepped out of the car, I caught a waft of that beautiful spicey smell that must come off the bushes over here.in the heat. And as I did the last 18 months slipped out of focus into the background for a moment. Wonderful !
Know exactly what you mean about that lovely smell, hope you have a great time catching up on your haunts there.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 8:13 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony, sent you a PM
Old Aug 16th 2021, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Tony, sent you a PM
Hi Mel
sent you a reply.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 8:09 am
MEL & JOHN

Sorry folks but need some confirmation please.

Rapid Antigen Test before flying to Portugal. UP TO 48 hours before boarding or before arrival ????
PLF before flying to Portugal UP TO 48 hours before boarding flight - no earlier ? Yes ?

To return back to UK Rapid Antigen Test UP TO 72 hours before boarding or before arrival ????
PLF before flying back to England UP TO 48 hours before boarding the flight - no earlier? Yes ?

I see on the thread that the Clinic San Roque in Ayamonte has been suggested for the Rapid Antigen Test @ €30. Has anybody on the forum actually used this service please? I understand we would need to book a few days in advance and am thinking we may do this rather than take self swab tests with us. Does their certificate meet all the requirements for the airlines and return to England ?

Is it a requirement to upload the Rapid Antigen Tests to the airline ? We would have results on our phones and print offs. If not a requirement can I ask if it is preferable to do this ?

Thanks very much all

Mel

Old Aug 23rd 2021, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Rapid Antigen Test before flying to Portugal. UP TO 48 hours before boarding or before arrival ????
PLF before flying to Portugal UP TO 48 hours before boarding flight - no earlier ? Yes ?

To return back to UK Rapid Antigen Test UP TO 72 hours before boarding or before arrival ????
PLF before flying back to England UP TO 48 hours before boarding the flight - no earlier? Yes ?

I see on the thread that the Clinic San Roque in Ayamonte has been suggested for the Rapid Antigen Test @ €30. Has anybody on the forum actually used this service please? I understand we would need to book a few days in advance and am thinking we may do this rather than take self swab tests with us. Does their certificate meet all the requirements for the airlines and return to England ?

Is it a requirement to upload the Rapid Antigen Tests to the airline ? We would have results on our phones and print offs. If not a requirement can I ask if it is preferable to do this ?

Thanks very much all

Mel
Ryanair allows you to upload all your documents but it is not a necessity. Phone is fine but best to put everything in a digital wallet as people get easily confused as to where things are or find that they haven't downloaded the document but then cant get a good wifi connection etc. Printed is the safest. You need to preorder day 2 test as often it can take a week to arrive. Check the postal mode if test is home one. The UK tests are a disgrace. Clearly alot of profiteering going on and it means any problem you have is pretty much unsolvable as their phone lines are never answered nor email. Best to actually go to somewhere to get test done then home test.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much all

Mel
Ryanair allows you to upload all your documents but it is not a necessity. Phone is fine but best to put everything in a digital wallet as people get easily confused as to where things are or find that they haven't downloaded the document but then cant get a good wifi connection etc. Printed is the safest. You need to preorder day 2 test as often it can take a week to arrive. Check the postal mode if test is home one. The UK tests are a disgrace. Clearly alot of profiteering going on and it means any problem you have is pretty much unsolvable as their phone lines are never answered nor email. Best to actually go to somewhere to get test done then home test.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 11:05 am
MEL & JOHN

Thank you very much Chipmonk
Old Aug 27th 2021, 7:56 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Hi I am planning a trip to the UK (finally!!) In a month, staying with friends. I am a non UK resident. It also means that I am not able to get the free NHS tests.

Can I have the day 2 PCR postal kit sent to the friends home in advance, even though I am not resident there? Its half the price of many testing centres. I see the problems here, and would go to a clinic and pay a bit more ... But not double...

I can do the test, drop it in The Royal Mail box and all the paperwork for the passenger location form is sent up front. Has anybody tried this please?

I think its odd that one can do all this by post, so many people are looking to 'fiddle' the system - they can simply get a friend to do the swab!!!

Jon
PS heres a couple if places I found
https://www.expertcovidtestinguk.com...ry-day-2-amber

https://www.zavamed.com/uk/bristol-a...-arrivals.html
Old Aug 27th 2021, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes you can. The identifier is the passport number, not the delivery address. I used Brunswick Hygeine for my daughter recently. They delivered the test about a week in advance and the results were received at 3am on day 4. Don't get excited when you see the low price, by the time you add VAT and delivery its about 65GBP.
Day 2 Test | Brunswick Hygiene

I would hold off though, if they relax the rules you may not need it. They may also try to regulate the profiteering. I wonder what odds William Hill would offer on both of those outcomes before the end of the year?
Old Aug 28th 2021, 6:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
Hi, yes you can. The identifier is the passport number, not the delivery address. I used Brunswick Hygeine for my daughter recently. They delivered the test about a week in advance and the results were received at 3am on day 4. Don't get excited when you see the low price, by the time you add VAT and delivery its about 65GBP.
Day 2 Test | Brunswick Hygiene

I would hold off though, if they relax the rules you may not need it. They may also try to regulate the profiteering. I wonder what odds William Hill would offer on both of those outcomes before the end of the year?
Thanks for that. We are leaving well after 16 September, when the UK government will have their next public update, so I wont be ordering the day 2 tests for a while, and can give it a week for delivery as recommended above.

The only constant in all this is.... Change! Lets hope its for the better this time!

Jon
Old Aug 28th 2021, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon-Bxl
Assuming you are going to England and not Scotland, as testing regulations are different for Scotland.
Mary.
Old Aug 29th 2021, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my brother left on Wednesday 25th Aug from Bristol to Faro having researched all the statutory tests, forms etc.On arrival he was told that he needed a European COVID passport and the Uk COVID passport was not suitable.He was told he could not board the plane unless he produced negative test results for him and his wife.Fortunately the airport and queues were pretty quiet and the EasyJet staff (who were really helpful) organised a test and fast tracked the results to ensure they did not miss the plane .This I understand this may be not the case for Spain only Portugal.By the way the tests were £40 each.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glaisboy
Hi my brother left on Wednesday 25th Aug from Bristol to Faro having researched all the statutory tests, forms etc.On arrival he was told that he needed a European COVID passport and the Uk COVID passport was not suitable.He was told he could not board the plane unless he produced negative test results for him and his wife.Fortunately the airport and queues were pretty quiet and the EasyJet staff (who were really helpful) organised a test and fast tracked the results to ensure they did not miss the plane .This I understand this may be not the case for Spain only Portugal.By the way the tests were £40 each.
From your post it sounds like your brother got confused by the regulations. The European Covid passport is not available to people from the UK, only for european citizens. All British people need to take a Covid test 48 or 72 hours prior to getting a flight to Faro, the Uk Covid Passport allows you to bypass 14 days quarantine on arrival in Faro, not applicable if you are not remaining in Portugal, it also means there is no requirement to quarantine on return home.
Mary.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glaisboy
It sounds as if the problem was he only had a NHS vaccination certificate and not the Lateral flow test needed to board plane and enter Portugal. Nothing to do with EU certificate. If flying to Spain he would only need the NHS certificate and no test